Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

confused about milk!!

(7 Posts)
CazzaFHS Fri 19-Oct-12 21:03:27

i'm almost 10 weeks pregnant and keep craving milk (all day) but everytime i drink it, it makes me feel really sick confused
i'm unsure what to do, i'm starting to stuggle to even eat me cereals.
it happens anytime of day or night, any help or suggestions would be greatfully recieved x

ThreeWheelsGood Fri 19-Oct-12 22:26:48

Try non-dairy milk, maybe it'll satisfy the craving but not make you feel sick? Or alternatively chocolate milk?

zigwig Fri 19-Oct-12 23:06:33

I've had the same thing. I thought it was just me being weird but it's really upsetting my stomach. I can have it still in my porridge but everything else makes me ill. Even warm milk in hot chocolate. I've given up on it except in porridge and I'm guzzling cheese, almonds, etc to get my calcium.

10storeylovesong Sat 20-Oct-12 07:47:46

I'm not craving milk but even looking at it makes me feel queasy! I can't have cereals, hot drinks, anything! Like zigwig said, I'm trying to find my calcium elsewhere. Feel so sorry for you craving something that makes you ill though - hope it passes soon!

Isandri Sat 20-Oct-12 13:37:58

I've been craving milk too. I find that drinking 0.1% fat skimmed milk with ice works for me.

CazzaFHS Sun 21-Oct-12 11:15:08

i think i will try the 0.1% milk, as i do normally love it and really fancy hot chocolates, milkshakes etc.

its so annoying, i fancied milk with my last one too but it never made me feel as sick as this time!!

thank you for the suggestions

mummy2benji Sun 21-Oct-12 18:14:33

Porridge or yoghurts? Maybe you're craving dairy and yoghurts would help. Your body needs extra calcium in pregnancy so maybe your body is trying to tell you you need some extra - Osteocare is safe in pregnancy, I've been taking it along with Pregnacare as my hubby is an orthopaedic surgeon and been nagging at me about protecting my bones!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now