Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

To induce or not to induce?

(4 Posts)
Shortninbread Fri 19-Oct-12 20:17:26

Does anyone have any thoughts on whether inductions lead to more difficult labours?

My mum went to 43 weeks for her second labour and no one batted an eyelid back then.

I am 41 weeks this Sunday and will be offered a sweep on Monday and again on Wednesday to get things going. This is is exactly what I did with first DD. It did help start the labour, but was a very long and drawn out affair at 4 days from first contraction to last.

Should I wait for the pessary (offfered at 41+6) and hope that this kick starts things properly or do the milder sweep approach? Or leave entirely until any medical reason crops up to be induced? Any thoughts appreciated.

JiltedJohnsJulie Fri 19-Oct-12 20:44:49

Haven't got any experience of going overdue sorry but I think it's entirely upto you. The HCP will probably explain the associated risks of going past 42 weeks, but like I say whatever you do it's upto you.

Shortninbread Fri 19-Oct-12 20:50:54

Thanks Jilted. Good to be reminded of choice. Thinking I'll start this thread in the Childbirth section.

JiltedJohnsJulie Fri 19-Oct-12 20:54:19

Sounds like a good idea, you get a few more who've been through it on there smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now