Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Piles (sorry TMI)

(12 Posts)
iloveholidays Fri 19-Oct-12 18:35:44

I'm 37 weeks and expecting to go into labour any day as was early with DCs1&2 and getting all the usual symptoms.

I've been emptying my bowels a bit over the last 24 hours and as a result my piles have flared up. Didn't have them previous pregnancies... Now it's bothering me a bit with an impending labour... I've been to the pharmacy and got some cream so hoping it'll go down a bit.

Anyone with experience with labouring with external piles?

Sorry, I know it's not a pleasant subject!!

Fairylea Fri 19-Oct-12 18:40:14

I did with dc1. It was fine but I did have a bit of an issue with them stitching me up afterwards as I was quite swollen. But then to be honest the whole area would be swollen anyway. You can get a much better cream on prescription from the GP.I would be tempted to get that and hopefully they will improve loads before you go into labour.

iloveholidays Fri 19-Oct-12 21:56:51

Thanks fairy.

Think I'll give my midwife a call on monday and see if she can get a prescription for me (providing I haven't gone into labour before then!!)

Badgerina Fri 19-Oct-12 22:15:55

Witch hazel is EXCELLENT for piles smile

sammyleh Sat 20-Oct-12 11:46:14

I feel your pain... I'm due on Monday and yesterday morning a nice protruding grape reared its ugly head sad its so sore and awful, this is my frist baby and I've never ever had piles before. Which cream did you get? I'm going to try witch hazel this weekend and see if it makes a difference.

Smicha Sat 20-Oct-12 12:31:12

I was worried about this pre-birth, even posted a very similar thread to this in the childbirth forum...in the end I didn't even think about them or notice they were there! The third degree tear probably took my mind off them smile. They appear to have gone now - my ds is just over 3 weeks. Good luck with it all!

seabuckthorn Sat 20-Oct-12 17:14:45

The witch hazel do you just dab it on with cotton wool?

iloveholidays Sat 20-Oct-12 21:15:55

Thanks everyone. The pharmacist recommended germaloid. Much better today although still uncomfortable. Smicha thanks you've put my mind at rest.

Badgerina Mon 22-Oct-12 12:22:22

seabuckthorn Yes you can get the distilled stuff and apply with cotton wool OR you can get this gel which is fabulous and easier to apply smile

BlueChampagne Mon 22-Oct-12 12:34:04

Does this help with itchiness too?

Badgerina Mon 22-Oct-12 12:52:23

Blue in my experience, yes smile

BlueChampagne Mon 22-Oct-12 13:58:40

Oooh, thanks Badgerina

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now