Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Tell me the truth ladies - what happened to your boobs after breadtfeeding

(50 Posts)
Amnewtoallthis Fri 19-Oct-12 18:29:23

hopefully not TMI but I was only able to feed DD for a week as I was ill after having her - I really want to breastfeed DC2 - was one of my big regrets with DD. But a 'friend' said if I did I could forget about ever having decent boobs again. I'm only a 32C and hadn't really thought about it?! Will they shrink/implode if I feed DC2 for six months (which is what I want to do). Part of me doesn't mind but I'm a fitness freak when not wrecked by morning sickness so I have that potential to be vain...

SauvignonBlanche Fri 19-Oct-12 18:30:25

Mine got bigger!

bulletwithspookybatwings Fri 19-Oct-12 18:31:11

Mine look and feel the same but a little larger. I BFed for 8 months.

scarlettbrooke Fri 19-Oct-12 18:31:37

Mine got bigger too. Didn't sag either which surprised me!

bulletwithspookybatwings Fri 19-Oct-12 18:32:02

I think it's pregnancy rather than breastfeeding that affects your breasts as that's when they grow.

Brycie Fri 19-Oct-12 18:32:12

They got smaller with new improved stretch marks as I had expressed "too much" (as in pouring down the sink too much before I knew about milk banks). They sort of became.......smaller but .............longer.

charlottehere Fri 19-Oct-12 18:33:05

Mine are much saggier after 2 years of BF DD3. sad Might be age too though (34) I still plan to BF this one. smile

Fairylea Fri 19-Oct-12 18:33:48

I have never breastfed and my boobs were fine after dd born 9 years ago (size 30f) but after ds 4months ago they resemble scotch pancakes.

I therefore conclude it's not breastfeeding.... it's a combination of age, weight gain and general pregnancy meh-ness. But I could be wrong !!

Banderchang Fri 19-Oct-12 18:34:11

Mine are the same as before and I BF for 2.5 years.

Amnewtoallthis Fri 19-Oct-12 18:37:55

Good to know everyone! I'm going to invest in some good bras and cream - although it's probably snake oil!

rednellie Fri 19-Oct-12 18:38:08

It's not breast feeding, its pregnancy that affects your boobs. Very common misconception.

showtunesgirl Fri 19-Oct-12 18:39:00

I've been feeding for almost a year now and they look the same, just half a cup bigger.

imustbepatient Fri 19-Oct-12 18:39:42

Yep, it's pregnancy not breast feeding which will effect them (although some lucky people are completely unaffected, perhaps age / size related I guess!)

tittytittyhanghang Fri 19-Oct-12 18:42:31

I now have the breasts i had when i was 14, non fucking existant. I have the options of buying bras in age size and not booby size sad unfortunately i do not have the waist/hips when i was 14 so feel extra hard done by

riksti Fri 19-Oct-12 18:42:47

Fed for 13m. Now, a year after stopping am wearing same bras as before pregnancy and they look more or less the same. Maybe a bit less perky but my pre-pregnancy time was 3 years ago and I'm on the wrong side of 30 - therefore its probably just my age.

Startailoforangeandgold Fri 19-Oct-12 18:47:03

Nothing and I BF for years.

They're a bit saggier (sp) now, but that's being 40+

I don't think PG or very extended BFing has had much effect at all.

But I don't have very big breasts.

pregnantpause Fri 19-Oct-12 18:49:21

Mine are a good size and er, height, hut are less full. I've fed two for a year each. My dsis has also good bigger with little saggage hut less plump and she dd from start to finish. I therefore conclude that its an age/pregnancy/gravity effect. Good luck whatever you do!

AbbyRue Fri 19-Oct-12 18:49:30

Nothing, pretty much same as before 2 DCs

poppy1973 Fri 19-Oct-12 18:50:42

I fed for the last 3 years and thought that when I stopped that I would have a problem, a little pain every so often but no leaks etc. My size has dropped but I have been loosing weight and dieting so nothing noticeable.

Buildabetterworld Fri 19-Oct-12 18:52:01

Spaniel ears.

SlightlySuperiorPeasant Fri 19-Oct-12 18:53:42

I started BFing with a bra size of 34C and finished 16 months later with 34D. Nothing else happened.

elfycat Fri 19-Oct-12 18:53:56

I BF DD1 for a year, then BF DD2 for 15 months finishing in February. My breast are maybe a little fuller and a little bigger than before. I was a 36B and am now a 38C. Both pregnancies were high up under my ribs which explains the chest size increase.

No more DC for me but if the miraculous happened I'd feed again.

greenbananas Fri 19-Oct-12 18:54:35

Breastfeeding is not bad for your boobs, and it is not breastfeeding that makes them sag. They do get substantially larger for a bit, but if you continue breastfeeding until todderhood they get more or less back to their normal size even though you are still breastfeeding.

Wearing non-supportive bras does make a big difference. Once your Cooper's ligament has stretched, there is not much chance of regaining the perky breasts you had when you were a teenager (apologies for that link being to a commercial site).

EdgarAllanPond Fri 19-Oct-12 18:57:49

if you have been Pg, that alone will do the damage -, it is when you stop BF you find the full extent. last time i was considering going for higher-neckline everything (fine really, there are some really lovely fashion styles for the smaller bust i was looking forwards to trying that just wouldn't have worked before)
not sure though - i was informed that after the immediate change of hormones, your boobs come back a bit and the skin recovers so there is hope.

smoking and lots of sun increase skin damage too.

not sure how they'll look after i stop BF DC4 though!

Fairylea Fri 19-Oct-12 18:58:33

I'm not sure bras make a big difference... I wore proper fitting bravisssimo bras non stop during both pregnancies and in between and I still have the pancakes.

(Bitter. Mutters to self).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now