Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Things to do when your overdue

(6 Posts)
whatsonyourplate Fri 19-Oct-12 14:26:44

I'm currently 40+3, and half term with my 2DCs (4 and 8) is looming with no sign of baby arriving yet. Just wondering what others thought was reasonable in terms of going out and about in my condition. How far from home/ the hospital would you risk?
I feel OK physically although I get tired fairly quickly.

SlightlySuperiorPeasant Fri 19-Oct-12 15:55:56

I'm 40 weeks tomorrow with DC2 and am planning on carrying on as normal with DC1 - park, swimming, birthday party etc. - until baby decides to make an appearance. Running is a bit too much (although can be done when DS makes a break for it!) but otherwise I feel very well and keeping as active as possible seems like a good idea.

Distance-wise I'm not going further than a 30 minute drive from the hospital. Logistics of getting DS to my parents, DH home, then myself to hospital make any further a bit silly.

NAR4 Fri 19-Oct-12 20:53:20

It depends how much it would worry you going into labour, say 1 hour from the hospital, 2 hours away, 3 etc.

My hubby works over an hours drive from home and then the hospital is another 45 minutes away. I have never been worried about this as my babies don't exactly come quickly.

Depends how fast your previous labours were.

whatsonyourplate Mon 22-Oct-12 17:19:02

Well baby arrived yesterday after all so we will be mainly staying at home waiting for people to visit us!

rogersmellyonthetelly Mon 22-Oct-12 18:45:54

Sleep, eat, have a bath, have your hair cut, eat chocolate, and watch DVD box sets.

SlightlySuperiorPeasant Mon 22-Oct-12 19:10:35

Congratulations! Now is the time to book into a hotel several hours away to escape all the visitors grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now