Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

In pain at 38+ weeks - any point seeing the doctor?

(6 Posts)
INeedThatForkOff Fri 19-Oct-12 13:30:27

I'm in agony walking at this point, especially if I've been sat down a while. Sharp back / hip / groin pain; feel like I'm walking in an attractive sort of squat position. Any opinions on whether it's just a case of putting up with it now? I guess the doctor would just tell me to rest up, which I'm trying to do as far as possible with a 2.8 year old at home. Advice appreciated!

HowToChangeThis Fri 19-Oct-12 14:59:06

You can take paracetamol, if you are in lots of pain you can be prescribed co codamol by a GP. Resting is the best, I find sitting too much is painful and I need to walk around. I'm trying to make sure I lift my toddler with bent knees and a straight back.

Not long now!

Fisharefriendsnotfood Fri 19-Oct-12 15:06:27

My maternity Physio offer acupuncture which helped me through a few rough weeks, you can just call them no need to go through GP

INeedThatForkOff Fri 19-Oct-12 15:22:52

Thanks. For some stupid reason I hadn't thought if anything as simple as paracetamol!

INeedThatForkOff Fri 19-Oct-12 15:24:30

No physio appts until mid-Nov though, which will hopefully be too late!

elvislives2012 Fri 19-Oct-12 15:57:31

I had terrible pain at 38 weeks and bought this
I ummed and ahhed about spending the money so late on but it has enabled me to get up and walk again which I found really difficult after about 36 weeks due to pelvic and hip pain. Got it from amazon in the end.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now