Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

So tired I'm struggling to function - 35 weeks

(17 Posts)
FruitSaladIsNotPudding Fri 19-Oct-12 11:15:37

I know this has probably been done to death, but I cannot believe how completely wiped out I am now. I don't remember feeling this bad in my first pregnancy!

Seriously, is this normal? I had to lie down for an hour just to summon the energy to get me a dd dressed this morning. Poor child, I'm really letting her down as well - she goes to pre school but I'm barely managing any outings at all.

Don't think I'm anaemic, although I am taking floradix tablets just in case.

Sorry for self indulgent post, I just don't know how I'm going to stagger through the next month or so!

Anyone else?

Nicknamenotavailableeither Fri 19-Oct-12 11:21:24

Yes! I am 35+5 with my second dc and absolutely bloody knackered!! Having almost daily naps now. I slept from 12 to 4.15 yesterday (dsm was picking dd up from school to take to swimming lessons, thankfully!!).

I too don't remember being this tired first time round!

I was a bit anemic, but have been on various iron tablets since about 12 weeks and most recent iron levels came back normal, so I too know it is not that!

So...I've not been any help but I share your pain! smile

FruitSaladIsNotPudding Fri 19-Oct-12 11:25:53

No, it helps to know I'm not the only one! I honestly feel like I've been drugged. I can't believe I was pretty fit when I got pregnant - I have to stop and rest halfway up the stairs!

Cupcakemummy85 Fri 19-Oct-12 13:53:14

Hey, exactly the same. In fact I was looking for a post like this or about to post something myself. I've just had two blood tests done to see if I'm anemic or have a thyroid problem. I'm too taking daily naps when my dd naps and I'm not getting anything done. Again, not much help but I'm exactly the same.

weeblueberry Fri 19-Oct-12 16:05:22

I'm really sorry to hear how tired you are.

But I absolutely love your username and just wanted to tell you that. grin (Apologies for the weirdly creepy smilie...)

glendathegoodwitch Fri 19-Oct-12 16:18:04

hi fruit i'm 36+7 and am cream crackered constantly!!!! had my Hb done yesterday and its been creeping down to 9.8 so ive got to get it boosted back up - will try floradix.

ive been having really bad headaches too - though my BP is perfectly fine!!!

is this your 1st pregnancy??? its my 3rd and at 37 its definitely my last!!!!

are you sleeping well?? im gonna try porridge of a morning see if it gives me any uuuumph!!!

issimma Fri 19-Oct-12 16:34:13

Knackered too, to the point of actually being ill this week. Am anaemic but tablets/Spatone/floradix do nothing but constipate!! Grim.
Am 34 weeks and having dc at 39 weeks - seems a lifetime away!

NerdAmigo Fri 19-Oct-12 16:42:25

If you have headaches as well you should be aware of the other symptoms of PE.
www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Pre-eclampsia/Pages/Symptoms.aspx

It can present atypically and come on very suddenly

FruitSaladIsNotPudding Fri 19-Oct-12 16:48:27

Thanks weeblue!

This is my second, which is probably part of the problem. But honestly, my dd is a fairly easy toddler and my dh is doing loads and loads with her, so could be a lot worse.

I'm actually sleeping really well, which I realise is very lucky at this stage. Obviously have to get up to wee, but only once a night. Others seem to be suffering a lot worse on the sleeping front. God knows how awful I would be feeling if I wasn't.

I guess it's like morning sickness - not much we can do except grit our teeth and wait for the weeks to pass!

blackcurrants Fri 19-Oct-12 17:03:09

I came on here looking for THIS very thread- thank you! I'm 31 weeks and DS is 2 (not presently sleeping much) and I am physically so very, very tired it's actually embarrassing. Barely getting any work done, it's awful. I am going to get some floradix.

chipsandmushypeas Fri 19-Oct-12 17:07:17

I'm also knackered but only 31 weeks, feel really guilty whenever I take a nap blush I'm working a really physical job only 3 times a week now after reducing hours but could easily sleep all day like an old man.

DyeInTheEar Fri 19-Oct-12 17:18:41

Oh me too. 35 weeks with DC3. Afternoons are a total write off - all I can manage is the school run and DD2 running rings around me as I'm too weak and pathetic and tired to put up any resistance.

FruitSaladIsNotPudding Fri 19-Oct-12 17:21:40

Seems I've struck a chord! Well, that's reassuring in a way!

The scary thing is, it's been so long, I can't actually remember what it's like to have energy and a small part of me wonders if I will feel better after the birth. What if I don't? (Obviously will be sleep deprived but that is a different feeling ime.)

snowchick1977 Fri 19-Oct-12 17:26:49

I'm 39+2 and feel fab! However I felt rubbish in weeks 32-34. Had my iron levels checked and they were low and as soon as I had the iron tablets my energy returned.

glendathegoodwitch Sat 20-Oct-12 20:54:32

That's good to hear snow chick - got some floradix today so will take them more regularly than I did the drs tablets and maybe some energy will return!!!

Anyone else feeling incredibly emotional? Hubbie sent me a cutesy video link from the bbc news website about a baby elephant getting stuck in a well and then getting out - I was in floods of tears!!!! And today we had to get one of our chooks put down as she was really poorly and I was in bits - yet my 6 yr old DD was fine and even helped daddy take her to the vet!!!! I'm restless and impatient and have a very short attention span at the moment!!!

Am hoping baby comes sooner rather than later so I can get off this roller coaster lol

FruitSaladIsNotPudding Mon 22-Oct-12 12:53:21

I'm definitely teary. And incredibly irritable as well. A joy to be around!

Might ask the midwife to check my iron this week just to make sure. It was 11.3 last time, which apparently is ok for a pregnant woman.

FruitSaladIsNotPudding Tue 30-Oct-12 15:40:27

Well, it's not iron, it's low blood pressure which is apparently making me feel so crap. Anyone else have this?

Apparently it's fine and not a problem (well, unless i want to DO anything!) so that's reassuring. Just need to get this baby out and all will be well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now