Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

The first urine sample for the Dr...

(5 Posts)
NoTeaForMe Fri 19-Oct-12 07:36:03

Does it have to be the first urine of the day? Its my second pregnancy and I can't remember. Don't think it does but not sure at all! Totally forgot to ask the midwife!

Thanks

VivaLeBeaver Fri 19-Oct-12 07:45:29

Are they doing a pregnancy test on it or just dipping your wee for protein, glucise, etc?

If the latetr then no it can be any wee, if the former then HCG is higher in the mornings but detectable most of the time. So unless you're only a few days after your missed period I wouldn't think it matters.

NoTeaForMe Fri 19-Oct-12 07:47:05

Phew, thankyou, I was about to set myself! It's just the first sample they use to test glucose etc. Thanks again!

OneOfMyTurnsComingOn Fri 19-Oct-12 07:49:44

Don't have sugary drinks before you do it either! I always had glucose in mine. sad

ThreeWheelsGood Fri 19-Oct-12 08:37:12

It can be any wee smile they usually give you the pot at the surgery/hospital to fill there before appt.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now