Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Freaking out, 13+2 and period like pains

(7 Posts)
itsmyfirsteek Thu 18-Oct-12 21:13:22

As the thread title really, I have no bleeding but definate period like pains. Please someone tell me this isn't the start of things going wrong

Hemlet Thu 18-Oct-12 22:25:37

Aw honey, I had the same kind of pain, I'm sure it's nothing but round ligament pain from the little one growing quicker after the first trimester. Normal, but if it feels like cramps or doesn't ease after a few days talk to your midwife for reassurance xxx

mamababa Thu 18-Oct-12 22:28:24

Am sure it's fine. Try to rest and if still happening in the morning phone mw

You'll get lots of twinges aches and pains. But try to relax and enjoy xx

Asmywhimsytakesme Thu 18-Oct-12 22:29:05

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Muminmamma Thu 18-Oct-12 22:31:16

I had period like pains with both my children for the first 3-5 months of each pregnancy. I don't think this is uncommon but obviously you can't help but worry. I don't know if these things are inherited, but I was reassured since my mother had told me that she had period like pains when she was expecting me. Maybe you could check your family history on this?

itsmyfirsteek Fri 19-Oct-12 00:39:48

Thanks so much for the reassurance ladies, it really does mean a lot. The pains seem to have gone now following a sleep so fingers crossed it will just have been "one of those things" xx

cupcake78 Fri 19-Oct-12 03:34:58

That is around the time your uterus begins to think about moving up into you abdomen. It's likely to be everything beginning to move rather than sinister.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now