Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Milia...

(5 Posts)
18wksplus Thu 18-Oct-12 18:44:28

I've suddenly developed these about two weeks ago: small white, hard pimples around my eyes. I seem to get one, which then goes away, only to be replaced by another on a different part of my eye. They only hurt if they're in a crease.

Never had these before: could they be pg related? If so, how the heck can I get rid of them - they're so ugly...

BionicEmu Thu 18-Oct-12 20:10:23

Are they milk spots? I've had them for years, even before I was pregnant. Am watching with interest so see if anyone has any advice as I've never been able to get rid of them. Every now and then one gets irritated and if I scratch it the whole thing comes off in a hard ball. But there's always more.

Pomander Sun 21-Oct-12 12:03:46

There are two ways you can get rid of these. One is to put a tiny drop of oil on your finger and massage them regularly. They will then reabsorb into the skin. The other is very tricky and potentially dangerous grin but if you can get one of those mini scalpel things and make a small slit in the side of it, you can gently squeeze the lump out. Obviously this is very fiddly and quite difficult to do on your own.
The important thing is not to try and squeeze them unless you've made a slit. I have tried this before and they will not come out and you just end up with a big red mark grin

QuietNinjaTardis Sun 21-Oct-12 13:38:02

I've had these before, they went away on their own. unlike the fecking skin tags that grew when I was pregnant

EggsMichelle Sun 21-Oct-12 13:41:47

I have them, had them since child hood. They are lipid deposits under the skin, and as annoying at they are they are harmless. Unfortunately I have never been able to get rid of them but a good concealer (I use the loreal pen thing) hids them nicely.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now