Talk

Advanced search

Is it safe to paint?

(5 Posts)
Riotgrrrl Thu 18-Oct-12 17:58:06

Am 14 weeks today. Been doing some decorating with low odour water based paint. Now worrying is it safe?

ICompletelyKnowAboutGuineaPigs Thu 18-Oct-12 18:13:21

When I was pregnant with DC2 I went into overboard nesting and repainted practically the whole house! DH said he daren't come home just in case I'd started knocking walls down.

I asked my midwife and she said it was likely to be fine and I was more likely to injure myself than cause any problems with the paint (she was right smile )

CountryKitty Thu 18-Oct-12 18:50:06

I hope so!! I'm 26 weeks and I've just finished painting the DC's TV/ playroom at the weekend! had a laugh at knocking walls down - my DH is coming home tonight to find the fireplace in one of the sitting rooms sitting in pieces in the middle of the floor. I told him if he didn't do it, I'd do it myself - I think he thought I was joking! Definitely feeling the nesting instinct for DC3!

I think painting / diy's fine as long as you pace yourself.

Riotgrrrl Fri 19-Oct-12 18:19:01

Thank you both so much - just had a bit of a wobble!

ivanapoo Sat 20-Oct-12 03:20:07

Try to use low/no VOC paint and make sure the room is well ventilated while painting/drying.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now