Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Could I be feeling braxton hicks in my thighs?

(7 Posts)
Cies Thu 18-Oct-12 14:45:32

I'm 37 weeks with my second pregnancy. I often feel a kind of crampy, tight, tingly feeling in my upper inner thigh. This is at the same time as a tightening all over my belly. With dc1 I didn't have BH, or didn't realise I had them, but this time I'm sure these must be BH. But is it normal to feel it in my thighs too?

Boop33 Thu 18-Oct-12 17:45:14

Having exactly the same at 37 + 4 . MW says its a result of baby pushing down into pelvis . I'm getting period type pains at the same time which i think is a mixture of the same and Braxton hicks . Hope this helps x

Cies Thu 18-Oct-12 19:04:33

Thanks, that makes sense. Not nice though!

kellestar Thu 18-Oct-12 19:44:49

I didn't realise I was having contractions to start with as I felt most of the pain in my thighs. It never connected to me until DH said, lets time them. I had achey legs through most of the end of pg, afterpains were felt in my thighs too, like I'd run miles. I always expected the pain to abdominal.

mummy2benji Thu 18-Oct-12 20:14:57

Yes, I get some pain in my thighs too when baby wiggles a lot too (grinding her head into my bladder...) Can be quite uncomfortable. x

seabuckthorn Thu 18-Oct-12 23:27:28

Sounds odd but bear with me... you know when you have been drinking, I always feel it in my thighs.
I have that now. I'm 36 weeks. I do have low blood pressure so I don't know if that's it? I have been having twinges.

seabuckthorn Thu 18-Oct-12 23:36:22

Mmm Dr. Google says its blood pressure.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now