Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Restless/jumpy legs cures?

(12 Posts)
issimma Thu 18-Oct-12 13:54:13

Am 34 weeks and driving self and DH insane by jumpy, kicking legs when I go to bed. Any cures or remedies I can try?!

FruitSaladIsNotPudding Thu 18-Oct-12 13:55:43

Sitting on a gym ball for an hour or so in the evening while I watch tv helps me. I think because it actually uses my leg muscles! Added bonus of helping the baby get in a good position, I hope.

interwebmum Thu 18-Oct-12 15:09:05

I had the same thing and according to my midwife it's caused by a lack of magnesium. So I've been taking suppliments and it's helped a lot. Also not eating too late at night is a good idea.

fuckadoodlepoopoo Thu 18-Oct-12 15:13:57

I had that when pregnant really badly and hardly got any sleep! I then found out i was iron deficient which was in my notes but no one had told me! It would as scarily low! I started on iron tablets and it went away within a week! I still get it occasionally so just takes iron again.

Remember that you need vitamin c to absorb iron.

fuckadoodlepoopoo Thu 18-Oct-12 15:14:48

It was scarily low!

AtaleOfTwoCities Thu 18-Oct-12 17:05:04

I have had this too in my pregnancies. It's driving me insane I'm soo tired. Hopping jumping, not just at night! No advice though sorry. Elevating them with a pillow at night may help slightly.

VeremyJyle Thu 18-Oct-12 18:09:06

I actually got signed off work for this sad but cannot for the life of me remember any good advice, walking up and down the stairs a few times before bed maybe - I certainly remember trying this

pleasebethismonth Thu 18-Oct-12 19:09:26

Burts bees, mama bee leg and foot cream is AMAZING!!

issimma Fri 19-Oct-12 08:16:22

Last night I bounced on my ball before bed, ate a banana and magnesium-rich peanut butter and had a 2 minute lower leg massage from DH.
It worked! 1 or 2 kicks rather than hours of it grin.

Now to sort the heartburn and other glam ishooos.

issimma Fri 19-Oct-12 08:16:53

please I really rate burts bees belly cream, so will give the leg cream a go too!

pleasebethismonth Fri 19-Oct-12 19:42:49

It's a bit pricey 10 ish pounds from amazon. Worth every penny though- I'm on my 3rd tube!!!

Laptopgirl Fri 19-Oct-12 21:34:24

Bananna's - eat plenty! Its lack of magnesium! xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now