Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

A bet that stretch marks appear tonight...

(13 Posts)
Runningblue Wed 17-Oct-12 22:03:58

35 weeks today with dc2, not a stretch mark in sight so far.
I would put money on a purple road network appearing overnight over my bump. It is so tight and stretched underneath, out of no where - why is that, does the baby drop about now - I really can't remember?!

Pleasenomorepeppa Wed 17-Oct-12 22:29:14

I got mine the day I went overdue. It was only 1 but I was rather irritated!!

AnitaBlake Wed 17-Oct-12 22:30:48

Mine didn't appear till after 'the event' last time, and this time is very similar!

Runningblue Wed 17-Oct-12 22:42:10

I've slapped on some stretch mark cream (double quantities - make up for all those missed days wink)
Last time I think they all came nigh on due date- bloody unfair!

Boop33 Thu 18-Oct-12 07:59:30

37 + 4..........no stretch marks yet .....I have been using Bio-oil religiously ....fingers crossed . Bump is dropping now though so not breathing out just yet !

Spinity Thu 18-Oct-12 08:46:18

I too am utterly (vainly) distraught at finding two stretch marks at 36 weeks into my second pregnancy. Thought I was immune sad

Wiggy29 Thu 18-Oct-12 09:09:49

I didn't think I had any at all with dc1 but a few months after I noticed I had a few faint silvery lines really low down below my pubic hair. Ended up with stretch marks on under side of boobs after a night where my mum fed ds expressed milk so I could sleep through the night- woke with giant swollen boobs ! Doh blush

TheAngelshavetheOod Thu 18-Oct-12 09:30:05

I remember saying to xh I didn't have any yet and they were all out of sight under my bump sad

Rockchick1984 Thu 18-Oct-12 09:34:08

Mine all appeared after I had DS, still none once I could see under my bump but a week later once I'd "deflated" they sprung up sad

They had all but disappeared before he was even 12 months though smile

Runningblue Thu 18-Oct-12 22:35:24

Guess what - the beginnings of the red stretch marks have appeared today, DH had to do an under bump check for me! Hey ho, at 35 weeks, it's a bit sooner than last time - grrrrr...

coffeeandcream Thu 18-Oct-12 22:42:41

Guess what? Stretch marks have appeared tonight! On my upper left thigh just below the hip bone. sad

I'm 34 weeks. I guess they'll be more to come ... sigh

Runningblue Thu 18-Oct-12 22:43:59

Lucky us eh? I am relying on them fading like last time!

SaggyOldClothCatPuss Thu 18-Oct-12 23:40:46

I was stretchmark free until 36 weeks. Then I spotted a tiny red mark one morning. The next day it was slightly longer, the next, longer.... 6 weeks later, I looked like a tiger loaf! sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now