Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Time off for appointments/PT worker

(7 Posts)
Rico08 Wed 17-Oct-12 20:51:21

I work part time and my first scan is a morning appointment on a day when I work 3 hours in the morning. (I will not be able to get to work before or after the appointment due to travel time)

I don't really want to change the appointment but my supervisor has told me I can have 1 hour paid for the appointment & will have to work 2 hours back another day or use some holiday entitlement.

I have read the direct.gov info about ante-natal care but does it apply to part time workers too ?

Iggly Wed 17-Oct-12 20:53:02

As I understand it, part time workers have the same rights.

I'd try and change the appointment though first.

Choufleur Wed 17-Oct-12 20:54:01

They can't do that - you are entitled to go.

Choufleur Wed 17-Oct-12 20:54:28

Do you have a HR department?

hermioneweasley Wed 17-Oct-12 20:55:50

You are entitled to paid time off fr ante natal care, but a bit of give and takeis always advisable. What's the reason why to don't want to see if you can go on a non working day?

Rico08 Wed 17-Oct-12 21:05:37

I wanted to try keep that date as it's hubby's day off work (it is difficult for him to book holidays from work at moment)

I have a few other hospital appointments I will have to go to but I understand that it's to be reasonable time off work,
so will book these on my days off.

jaffacakehips Wed 17-Oct-12 21:31:07

Go to your appointment, don't even try and change the date. If your boss ask, lie.

You are by law, fully entitled to go appointments. As for the 2 hrs allotted time out of the office, this is rubbish it will take as long as it takes. Hospital antenatal appointment always always take longer than you think.

I think your boss need a reality check!

Enjoy your scan, exciting smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now