Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

missed appointments

(9 Posts)

Ok, need some advice.

My last appointment was at 34 weeks in the hospital with the consultant.

I was supposed to have an appointment at 36 weeks with a mw at the GP surgery, but we had a lot going on at the time and I totally forgot until the day before and by then it was too late to make an appointment.

My GP surgery only has the mw there on a thursday and they wont make appointments until the monday of that week. So this week I was supposed to be going for my 38 week appointment, phoned on Monday, they were closed for morning tea. Phoned again it was closed for lunch.

Tuesday it was closed for lunch, then phoned again in the pm and it was just closed. Apparently this is now well known that they ae closed on tues afternoon.

Phoned today, on lunch, all the lunchtimes seem to change as I have phoned at different times and it always says this. If I phone before 10.30 its always engaged.

So what do I do? I now havent been seen for 4 weeks. Im booked into the clinic at hospital for a sweep in two weeks. I will try tomorrow again to get through but its impossible and they prob wont have any slots left.

I feel fine. But they still need to be monitoring everything so I havent a clue what to do.

ilovecolinfirth Wed 17-Oct-12 19:40:48

Don't call docs surgery. Call the midwives and they will either visit you or arrange to see you in hospital. Good luck. X

SlightlySuperiorPeasant Wed 17-Oct-12 19:46:32

Call the midwives directly and see if they run a drop-in session locally to you. They usually do.

Thanks. I dont know if Im allowed to phone the hospital for a routine check up but I will try.

Feel so stupid!

The hospital is over an hour away so the mw that does the checkups here isnt from the hospital iyswim. So my only way of getting the community mw is through the surgery.

ThreeWheelsGood Wed 17-Oct-12 22:53:37

My GP-based antenatal appt at 38wks was with the GP, not a midwife. Can you call surgery again and explain? Otherwise I second others, contact the midwives at the hospital.

Rockchick1984 Thu 18-Oct-12 09:39:04

Although I saw my MW at GP's surgery, they also offered appointments at local Surestart. Ring the hospital and ask them if there's anything like that available, if not ask them what they suggest you do.

Alternatively can't you go into GP surgery to book rather than ringing up? A good walk may get things moving for you anyway smile

Surgery is 15 miles away! Tried to change over when I moved but it was too far along in the pregnancy!

Been trying to get through to surgery all morning. Going to try the hospital now.

Finally got through! Appointment for 2.15.

Phew!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now