Talk

Advanced search

18 weeks with DC3 and still not felt any movement

(14 Posts)
confused247 Wed 17-Oct-12 15:46:49

I'm just wondering if anyone can reassure me....I'm currently 18 weeks with my 3rd child and have yet to feel ANY movement. By 18 weeks I was feeling regular movements with DC1 and with DC2 I felt her move even earlier - around 15 weeks. I was expecting it to be the same with this pregnancy - I just assumed it would get earlier each time. Isn't that usually the case?

So far I have seen the midwife once (at 10 weeks - booking in) and had a scan at 13 weeks which showed everything growing nicely. I am booked for my 20 week scan in a couple of weeks but it seems like such a long time to wait....I'm thinking of getting one of those heartbeat doppler things but am worried I won't be able to use it properly and will worry myself even more.

I don't really feel pregnant at all. At 18 weeks I'm still fitting in to most of my normal clothes (was in maternity clothes by 10 weeks with DC2) and my bump is hardly noticeable.

Sorry....I don't really know what I'm asking here, but thanks for reading anyway!

aimingtobeaperfectionist Wed 17-Oct-12 15:52:28

It might be that your placenta is in the way so that's why you can't feel kicks, or you're busy with the other two and not noticing them? This baby might just be happy doing it's Kung fu right in the middle and not elbowing you just yet. You'll regret saying this when you get the heels under the ribs! grin Each baby is different so don't think just because your last one was 'xxx' that this one will be exactly the same. If you're really worried, go to your midwife and tell her. They're there to reassure you. If she doesn't, I'd be asking to see someone else.

terilou87 Wed 17-Oct-12 16:41:22

im preg with no 4 and i didnt feel anything this time round till around 25weeks, like above said placenta could be anterior which makes movements and kicks less noticable mine is anterior.
i would avoid the doppler aswell you will end up worrying yourself.
ah and i didnt put any weight on till about 30 weeks this time round and im now 37 weeks to date. smile

Pleasenomorepeppa Wed 17-Oct-12 16:47:53

I'm preg with DC2 & felt nothing til nearly 24 weeks. I've also lost a kilo! Am 28 weeks now & feel kicks etc ALL the time smile.

zigwig Wed 17-Oct-12 17:13:18

I'm also 18 weeks and haven't felt anything but everything was fine at my last appointment so I'm trying not to freak out too much (I'm a massive worrier). My only symptoms at the min are going off some foods, getting a tiny bit of a bump and aching muscles so I don't feel very pregnant either. I actually forget I am quite a lot.

confused247 Wed 17-Oct-12 17:16:18

Thanks guys....your replies have made me feel much better! smile

EthelredOnAGoodDay Wed 17-Oct-12 17:17:34

I am also 18 weeks with DC2 and not feeling any movement. However, I saw my mw last week and we heard the heartbeat. She said that everything was as it should be, just that the placenta was in the way and muffling things! Still just about fitting into normal clothes so was also a bit anxious, but got scan a week on Monday so hopefully that will allay my fears!

confused247 Wed 17-Oct-12 17:20:23

Hi Zigwig...thanks for replying, it's nice to hear from someone at the same stage as myself. I know what you mean about forgetting, I am quite often taken by surprise when I remember!

Fisharefriendsnotfood Wed 17-Oct-12 17:22:32

I was the same at 18 weeks on dc3 ( 38 now) and made an apt for my midwife for reassurance, they were lovely and said they would rather I came and heard heartbeat than was worrying

confused247 Wed 17-Oct-12 17:29:29

Thanks Ethelred...I didn't have a 16 week check, so I think that has made me more anxious as it seems a long time since the 12 week scan. I might go to my GP and see if they can listen to the heartbeat, just to put my mind at rest.

I'm so glad I posted....so nice to know I'm not the only one!

panicnotanymore Wed 17-Oct-12 18:48:09

I couldn't feel anything at 18 weeks. I'm 21 weeks now and feel kicks when she is lying back to back and sideways. If she flips round vertical I don't feel anything much (and scare myself silly about it). I have an anterior placenta.

lljkk Wed 17-Oct-12 19:03:06

Think I got to 20 weeks with DC4 before I felt movement.

surelythisoneisnttaken Fri 19-Oct-12 00:05:23

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Kelerina Fri 19-Oct-12 07:31:01

I'm 21 weeks and it's only in the last week or so that I can say I am definitely feeling movement. I have an anterior placenta too. Didn't really feel the butterfly feeling people talk about, at first it was a couple of movements like baby was rolling over, then it was a kind of bubble popping feeling, now they are getting stronger and I am SURE it's baby.

Be patient (easier said than done I know), it will come!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now