Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Babys head engaging ?? reassurance please !

(15 Posts)
Boop33 Wed 17-Oct-12 09:00:29

So I'm 37 +3 over the last couple of days the following had been happening :-
1) Lots of period type pains (back and front)
2) Feeling like i have a pain in pubic bone and pelvic area
3) Bottom of bump feeling very heavy and kinda hurts when i move about .

My first feeling is that this is the baby's head engaging ......

Anyone else experienced similar things ........??

Also forgot to mention sometimes feels like the pains are gong into top of my legs too .

Just needs a few thoughts etc.....

Thanks

blonderthanred Wed 17-Oct-12 09:06:57

I feel like that, was assuming the same thing. I'm 37+1 and being induced next Tues so I really hope so!

Boop33 Wed 17-Oct-12 09:12:38

Yeah me too ! :-) . Hope everything goes ok for you next Tuesday x

blonderthanred Wed 17-Oct-12 09:17:00

Thanks, you too! I've been using the birthing ball which seems to put everything in the right position. Kind of weird feeling though...

Boop33 Wed 17-Oct-12 09:36:30

Yeah DH bought me a ball which he seems to have used more than me at the minute oops !! does seem to help with pains a bit tho xx do you know what you are having ? x

mummy2benji Wed 17-Oct-12 09:37:37

Yes exactly the same! I am 38+4 and baby's head was engaged when I saw the midwife 10 days ago. Sore achey bump, uncomfortable and heavy. Had enough now! I do remember this with ds but had more opportunity to rest when I had him - now I am busy chasing him about! x

Boop33 Wed 17-Oct-12 09:48:09

Ohh benji that does sound like hard work ......have to say only thing that eases it at the min is sitting down and i haven't been doing much of that lately ! I'm seeing the MW today anyway ...so hopefully that's what she will tell me ......Ready to go now :-) xx sleep is getting quite like hard work too :-(

Elsqueak Wed 17-Oct-12 13:44:03

37 + 2 here. I have cramps, lower back ache, tops of thighs aches, and pressure on bladder. Had to take paracetamol this morning as cramps were so painful. Body gearing up I suppose but don't remember this with DC1.
MW said baby might pop in & out of engagement. Yesterday I was fine but today was murder. Kind of want baby to come now!

terilou87 Wed 17-Oct-12 14:24:00

37 exactly here and iv had the cramps and back pain , been to see m/w today and she said baby 4/5 so not totally engaged but going in the right direction, oh and iv had loads of strong braxton hicks, cant wait to meet my little man grin

Boop33 Wed 17-Oct-12 17:15:42

yeah i seen m/w and she says not engaged but going in the right direction .......boo wanted to be engaged and ready to go now :-( ah well hopefully not long .

terilou87 Wed 17-Oct-12 17:24:01

im hoping not, im on baby no 4 and with the last two babies their head never engaged or even looked like it was going to engage until day of labour, im hoping its going to be soon, maybe just wishful thinking, wish the braxton hicks would turn to contractions smile

Boop33 Thu 18-Oct-12 17:50:41

Ah well there is still hope then ! would love it to be in next week or so and hope yours are 2 :-) xx

blonderthanred Thu 18-Oct-12 18:02:01

Well mine's progressed from 4.5 to 3 so that's good...

And my cervix is a tiny bit open so I had my sweep. Now to see what happens...

Boop33 Thu 18-Oct-12 18:05:08

oh blonder that's very exciting ! ............maybe you won't need to be induced next week :-)
HOw are you feeling ??
Keep us posted !

xxxx

blonderthanred Thu 18-Oct-12 18:51:00

I feel a bit pathetic and squirmy right now tbh. It would be great not to need the induction but its hard to persuade myself to start running around having sex and curries! I'll see how I get on overnight.

Having some brief but frequent tightenings, no idea if that will lead to anything. I will let you know. Hope your baby starts burrowing further in the right direction too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now