Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Weighed self today, appear to have put nothing on in first 10 weeks- should I be worried?

(17 Posts)
Amnewtoallthis Tue 16-Oct-12 18:53:04

I'm 10 weeks, just, and weighed myself today, I still appear to weigh the same as I did just before getting pregnant, maybe a 1lb or two more. I've had morning sickness since week 6, but not bad enough not to eat. When pg with DD four years ago I'm sure I put on about 5kgs by this stage - and a total of 3 stone the entire pregnancy. I was very slim to start with by the way. Wondering if this is healthy i.e. not putting any weight on.

LimeLeafLizard Tue 16-Oct-12 18:56:02

I had only put on 4lb by 20 weeks this time, in contrast with my other pregnancies. I have put on about the same again in the 3 weeks since!

I think the recommended weight gain for the first trimester is 0 - 3lb.

So you are fine smile

Londonmrss Tue 16-Oct-12 18:57:56

No, I didn't start gaining anything much until around 15-20 weeks. I'd be very surprised if you had put on 5kg by 10 weeks pregnant last time to be honest- baby is still minute at this stage and there isn't much in placenta or water either.
Don't worry, basically.

Amnewtoallthis Tue 16-Oct-12 18:58:36

LimeLeafLizard reasurring thank you I guess I'll gain more weight when my appetite comes back - am now wondering how I managed to eat so much last time!

berri Tue 16-Oct-12 19:08:48

I've lost 5lbs (am nearly 12 weeks) probably due to not drinking wine and eating chocolate in the evenings! I mentioned it to my doc and she said it doesn't make any difference, especially in the first trimester.

Paradisefound Tue 16-Oct-12 19:25:07

At 10 weeks I had lost a stone - hyperemesis. Scan at 13 weeks showed baby was fine. Don't worry.

sillymillyb Tue 16-Oct-12 19:40:35

I had lost weight too - giving up beer was the cause for me, though the pukefest I was performing every few hours prob didn't help. I made up for it later on though!

WerewolvesDoTheFandango Tue 16-Oct-12 19:45:15

Yep I lost 9lb by 18 weeks, soon went back on afterwards though!

Wolfcub Tue 16-Oct-12 19:47:00

I'd lost a stone by 12 weeks, a combination of copious vomiting and no alcohol

FatimaLovesBread Tue 16-Oct-12 19:50:40

I didn't start putting any weight on until 20 weeks even though i'd developed an obvious bump. I'd been going to the gym before getting pregnant so I think I lost weight from my arms, legs and bum and put it on my belly so stayed the same overall.
I'm now nearly 35 weeks and have only put 15lbs on. It's all bump though as the baby is looking like it's weighing 6lb already

AppleCrumples Tue 16-Oct-12 19:59:39

I'm 26 weeks and have only just regained the half stone I lost through sickness! I have quite a sizable bump and baby appears to be fine. Don't worry baby gets what it needs whatever size you are x

joby21 Tue 16-Oct-12 21:13:43

I lost 11lbs in first ten weeks! Entirely due to lack of beer and pate!

BoysBoysBoysAndMe Tue 16-Oct-12 21:17:55

Don't worry.

All pregnancies are different.

Ds1 I'd put hardly anything on by 12 weeks.

Ds2 is lost a stone through morning sickness.

Ds3 I had only put on half a stone by 20+ weeks. (I've now put on just under two stone with two weeks to go!)

As long as you're eating healthy, don't worry. Discuss with your midwife if you have more concerns.

BoysBoysBoysAndMe Tue 16-Oct-12 21:20:32

Oh and good luck!!

FlaminNoraImPregnantPanda Tue 16-Oct-12 23:10:08

Another here who's lost a lot. I'm 12 weeks and have lost about a stone and a half.

Mrsb999 Wed 17-Oct-12 08:11:18

I lost 11 lbs in my first trimester due to vomiting. As of a couple of weeks ago I had put on 2 lbs, now I've somehow lost another 0.5 so have put on 1.5 since I was hospitalised with Hyperemesis. So I'm still 9.5 lbs lighter than my pre pregnancy weight - doc says this is fine so I'm not worried!

Mrsb999 Wed 17-Oct-12 08:11:49

P.s I'm 18 wks on Sunday

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now