Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Ache after ultrasound

(8 Posts)
purplewoofer Tue 16-Oct-12 16:40:57

Had my first scan today and now lower abdomen aches. Did anyone else experience this?

carrielou2007 Tue 16-Oct-12 16:57:10

I did last week at my scan, I was 13 weeks and sonic ripper struggled to get measurements to do nulchal. She got me to move a few times, go to thd loo, go fit a walk etc the scan in total took about 45 mins so guessed it was just from such a long time. Never had it before fingers crossed x

ThreeWheelsGood Tue 16-Oct-12 18:04:14

No, I didn't experience this - was the sonographer particularly rough?!

CoteDAzur Tue 16-Oct-12 18:04:50

Was it an internal scan?

MyDaydream Tue 16-Oct-12 18:24:31

I had a sore abdomen after my 20 week scan because she was so rough and dug the machine in too hard and its been quite a sensitive area throughout my pregnancy. It didn't ache for very long but was still a bit uncomfortable the next morning.

purplewoofer Tue 16-Oct-12 22:18:19

It was an external scan. I think I might have been quite tense as I was nervous. Sort of aches like when you have a really full bladder!!

edinfirst Tue 16-Oct-12 22:36:06

After my12 week scan I felt achy for a few days. Since then I've had stretching pains for about a week or so, so not sure whether the initial aches were from the scan or just the start of the stretching. Either way they've stopped now, less than 2 weeks on, and all that stretching has produced the beginning of a teeny bump!

Kelerina Wed 17-Oct-12 08:04:38

I had a bit of a sore belly after 20 week scan in lower abdomen. Went away the next day, was definitely where sonographer had been pressing down.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: