Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

PUPPS - This worked for me

(4 Posts)
SpeckyB Tue 16-Oct-12 15:46:50

I started suffering from PUPPs (skin rash and incessant itching) in my third trimester. I hoped it would go when I had the baby, but it got much worse the day after birth. It was really driving me mad, particuarly as the itching is worse at night. The doctors and midwives were no help (they said I would have to wait for my hormones to settle), so I tried a herbalist, who suggested:

Dandelion Taraxacum Drops - 3 x 15 drops daily, in a little water
Stinging Nettle Drops (Urtica) - 2 x 20 drops daily, in a little water

I also started using coal tar soap (to wash with daily), followed by E45.

I was amazed that the above regime started working after 2 days, and my rash and itching have gone after 6 days of use. It may all be a coincidence, but I thought it worth posting.

DigestivesWithPhiladelphia Tue 16-Oct-12 18:10:26

Do you drink the drops in water - or put them on the rash? That may be a silly question but I'd rather check before I try & treat my rash! blush

DoNotDisturb Tue 16-Oct-12 22:48:41

Pine tar soap fixed it for me. Amazing stuff.

SpeckyB Wed 17-Oct-12 08:01:19

Digestives - you drink them. Don't worry, it's not a silly question and always best to clarify.

Good luck with getting rid of your rash. I am so glad to get rid of the itch!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now