Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Thought you were having a bad day?...

(27 Posts)
sammyleh Tue 16-Oct-12 15:23:23

...I'm 39+2, fed up! and at 3am this morning I woke up with a wet patch under my bum. Went to the loo thinking 'yes my waters broke' called the MW who said to put a pad on and call back in a couple of hours. Went back to sleep, woke up with an almost dry pad and loss of dignity. Looks like I peed the bed sad Phone rang at 10am... DP had told his mum! The horror! Anyone else wet the bed in the final few weeks hoping that they were on their way to soon meeting their baby? x

ginhag Tue 16-Oct-12 15:39:13

Your waters could be leaking...that is what happened to me with ds2. Took me 3 days back and forth to hospital, flashlight up the fanjo, mw sniffing my pad <the horror> before I FINALLY got someone to believe that actually, I wasn't pissing myself.

A leak can stop y'see if the baby's head shifts to block the tear.

Obviously I have no idea of your bladder issues smile but thought it may be useful for you to know so you can keep an eye on it.

ginhag Tue 16-Oct-12 15:40:25

Ps incidentally I am having a bad day smile

sammyleh Tue 16-Oct-12 16:01:38

Thanks Ginhag... the MW has told me to keep an eye on it just in case but there's hardly anything on the pad today and yep, disgustingly I'm sniffing it to see if its pee, discharge etc. Baby's moving lots too! Sounds gross but needs must and all hehe. I hope your day gets better xx

missymoomoomee Tue 16-Oct-12 16:08:16

I peed when I was getting DS from nursery, DD flipped over and I literally wet myself. Mortified was an understatement, I had to make up a lie about it being part of my waters I was so embarrassed when I showed up the next day with no baby. I'm sure no one believed me blush If it makes you feel better you will have far less dignified moments than that in labour so this won't seem so bad grin

Imnotaslimjim Tue 16-Oct-12 16:10:11

Sounds silly but have you sniffed the sheet? You've probably washed it by now, but that would have told you if it was waters or wee

Unfortunately it happens to a lot of pg women

sammyleh Tue 16-Oct-12 16:15:44

Aww missymoo how embarassing hehe... I've peed a bit while laughing at work and had to run to the loo while my colleagues giggled as i waddled off.

slimjim it didn't even reach my sheet, just wet my pj bottoms a bit and they did smell kinda like pee but with this being my first, I've absolutely no idea what kinda smell i'm sniffing out for. The wet patch was about as big as my fist so quite small. I think i was having a dream about having a wee at the time too... last time i wet the bed I was 12, I'm 28 now hehe!

kellestar Tue 16-Oct-12 16:17:41

Not only did I pee myself but so did DH. Mine was half way down the stairs, I was busting and had to get downstairs, through the kitchen and the dining room, out through the hallway and bingo a toilet. DH peed himself through sheer exhaustion, he got down the stairs and fell asleep leaning against the coats in the hallway and woke up slumped on the floor in a puddle of pee. He'd been doing crazy hours to tie up all his work before his paternity leave kicked in.

They say you leave your dignity behind the minute you go on labour ward, personally I think you loose it when you see that positive test. I wore pads from about 25 weeks as an evil cold left me embarrassed a few times.

PrincessPumpkinshoutsBOO Tue 16-Oct-12 16:23:14

I was in the throws of early labour with ds2 when I had a gush of wet, off we trotted to the local mw unit thinking this was it, but I had pee'd myself blush

Kell sorry but that made me spit my tea out, poor you and dh grin

AbbyRue Tue 16-Oct-12 16:27:37

Last week at a school meeting, I could feel the puking feeling so I waddled out of the room to the girls toilets...one look in and I puked like madsad and wet myself really really badly at the same time sadsad

I had to waddle back to the car in soggy knickers/leggings combo with read red teary eyes. Lucky all parents were still in meeting and that all clothes were black. Still all dignity lost

You'll be fine soon (mantra) grin

Imnotaslimjim Tue 16-Oct-12 16:28:44

If it smelt vaguely of pee, it was most likely pee, sorry! Amniotic fluid smells slightly sweet

Kell, poor you and DH!

mom2rhysnruby Tue 16-Oct-12 16:35:41

It only gets worse once youve had a baby!
I only have to sneeze and ive wee'd lol
You defo lose all dignity!! Im on baby no2 now and havit morning sickness whilst wetting yourself at the same time does nothing for self esteem lol!! X

abigboydidit Tue 16-Oct-12 16:36:55

If it's any consolation I had a terrible day yesterday. DS did a poo in the bath and my over sensitive gag reflex couldn't cope so as I leaned over to fish it out (had already removed him by this stage) I puked.. I then had to clean out a poo and puke filled bath while retching mercilessly. So much for the beauty of pregnancy..

sammyleh Tue 16-Oct-12 16:52:32

Ah so glad I'm not the only one. Constantly checking to make sure there's no more but secretly thinking 'come on gush out!' is doing my nut in. It'll happen soon I'm sure smile Hate being so paranoid at this stage!
kellestar i think you win, that sounds awful but it has just made me giggle, thank you smile x

Clarella Tue 16-Oct-12 16:57:06

So glad I ordered a wet pad thingy with the cot mattress yesterday......

SlightlySuperiorPeasant Tue 16-Oct-12 17:50:57

grin

2yo DS shut himself in a locker at swimming today and weed all over it. He was completely unembarrassed hmm

SaggyOldClothCatPuss Tue 16-Oct-12 23:06:47

I peed in labour. All over the midwife! I told her I needed to pee! Silly cow told me not to silly, it was just the pressure!

Goldrill Wed 17-Oct-12 12:14:06

I thought mine had gone about three o'clock this morning. Did a bit of investigation and realised I was actually just extremely sweaty as the bedroom window was closed and I forgot to turn the heating off. You have to be really quite sweaty to mistake it for waters! blush I think having peed myself might have been a bit less undignified tbh!

ValiumQueen Wed 17-Oct-12 12:42:58

How does something smell sweet? Sweet is a taste not a smell surely? And I am not having a quick lick of my pads. I am 38 weeks, and also peeing myself when baby pushes a certain way. Pads all the time is the only way I can maintain an element of dignity.

DH wet the bed when DD2 was tiny. He had been up with DD1 for two nights while I was in hospital and was that shattered. I was not impressed at the time.

Clarella Wed 17-Oct-12 13:20:45

Perhaps I should have bought two pads...? confused

BonaDea Wed 17-Oct-12 14:29:37

I can't believe no one has focused on the most important part of OP's thread. Your DH is a TRAITOR to tell your MiL that!!!! shock

MrsBungleBear Wed 17-Oct-12 14:34:57

Definitely keep an eye on it OP. For 3 days I thought I was weeing myself. I kept sniffing the pad (nice!) to see if it smelt 'sweet' or like sperm (can't actually believe I am typing this!) and it always just smelt like wee to me.

It was only when the pad 'stuff' turned browny/black that I thought shit this is waters. I went to the assessment unit and was induced immediately as it was my waters that had gone (had all leaked out in the previous 3 days) and there was meconium. All was fine, had DS 1 hour 54 minutes later!

DinosaursOnASpaceship Wed 17-Oct-12 14:44:06

When I was 37 weeks with ds3 I had to go to a funeral for someone on exes side of the family. I had woken up a bit damp though and thinking it could be my waters told ex. Who told his mum incase we had to leave half way through the service. Except she told everyone else but by then I had realised it was just wee and was avoiding people incase they asked me anything. Until half way through the service exes uncle leans across and whispers to me in his Irish accent "so I heard ye pissed yerself" I got the giggles and couldn't stop. Had to waddle out of the church pretending my shoulders were heaving due to sobbing (even though I'd never met the deceased).

On another occassion, ex and his friends were roun playing the Xbox connect thingy and I was sat watching, it was so comical watching these big grown men jumping around like children that I couldn't stop laughing, go up to go upstairs to the toilet and pee'd myself in the middle of the room. There was a puddle on the floor. To be fair, ex and his friends pretended not to notice as I shuffled off upstairs. It was only when I closed the living room door that I heard the uncontrollable laughter from downstairs.

ValiumQueen Wed 17-Oct-12 15:05:46

Oh dinosaurs that has cheered me up no end!

DinosaursOnASpaceship Wed 17-Oct-12 17:33:44

I am currently pregnant with ds4. I dread to think where I will end up wetting myself this time!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now