Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant after 3 MCs and today got to see a heartbeat, when will my confidence increase?

(7 Posts)
AlphaBeta82 Tue 16-Oct-12 13:52:50

I'm not sure what more signs I could ask for, I am sick on a dialy basis, my breats are huge and unbelievably tender, I am tired all the time, my HCG and progesterone has all been monitored and is good. Today I had an early scan and there was a good, strong heartbeat. I am only 7 weeks but just cannot relaw into this at all.
My first pregnancy with DC1 was a lovely road of ignorance and bliss. I never even considered I would lose him, now I am a jittering worrying wreck. Hoping this improves!!

AlphaBeta82 Tue 16-Oct-12 13:54:25

Please excuse my awful speeling that is supposed to say daily, breasts and relax!!! See jittering wreck!!!

OpheliasWeepingWillow Tue 16-Oct-12 13:55:08

I believe a good heartbeat is a very very positive sign x

gemdrop84 Tue 16-Oct-12 16:19:16

I was you 20 wks ago! A worrying wreck! My first pg went swimmingly, I got pg 2 months after coming off the pill, have dd who's nearly 4. Then went on to have 3 mcs in last couple of yrs and now, finally, I will be 27wks pg on thurs with a little ds grin I can't say that the worrying goes away full stop but I have got more confident as I get nearer to the due date! And after each scan (12&20wks) I felt myself relax more. There's a thread on this topic which I have found wonderful support from the ladies there, pregnant after mc, pop on if you ever need a rant/support! Glad the scan went well and best wishes for your pg smile xx

mummy2benji Wed 17-Oct-12 09:43:12

I had a missed miscarriage before falling pregnant this time, and it made me very anxious early on - the anxiety has never completely gone away (not sure that is possible in pregnancy anyway - always something to worry about!) but it has got less over time. Seeing the heartbeat on an early scan is very reassuring. You'll feel better after the 12 week scan too and then again after the 20 week scan and as bump starts to grow. This is definitely the hardest time to get through, it will get easier. I recommend the above thread too for support and hand holding! All the best x

weeblueberry Wed 17-Oct-12 10:12:25

While this is my first pregnancy I feel exactly the same. I feel a bit of a schmuck feeling this way though given I've not been through the same heartache you have. sad

I'm a bit of a 'statistics person' though and yesterday found a link that says:

*Research has shown that if you see a heartbeat at 6 weeks of pregnancy, the chances of the pregnancy continuing are 78%.

A heartbeat at 8 weeks increases the chance of a continuing pregnancy to 98% and at 10 weeks that goes up to 99.4%.*

So seeing a heartbeat at 7 weeks is a very very good sign. I had an early scan at 9 weeks with a strong heartbeat and, rather than considering what might happen, keep trying to think that now my odds are pretty much the same as they will be the entire pregnancy. And since I can't possibly be worried for 9 months (although I'm sure I'll give it a damned good go...) its better to just chill. For me and the wee manatee. smile

StateofConfusion Wed 17-Oct-12 11:05:22

It does get easier, your at the hardest part. You'll be scared and worried every now and again until the baby arrives though, I am and I'm 31 weeks almost! As pps have said seing a HB is very positive. Congratulations and goodluck! Feel free to come join us on the pregnant after a mc thread x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now