Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anyone else NOT willing baby to be born?

(2 Posts)
ShushBaby Tue 16-Oct-12 13:16:03

Am 36 weeks with dc2.

During my first pregnancy, by 34 weeks I was on mat leave, the house ready, baby grows ironed and folded ffs. By 37 weeks I thought, right, full term now, come on baby! Going nearly two weeks overdue almost drove me mad as I was desperate for baby to be born.

This time round, we have a 2-year-old who is going through a 'challenging' patch (poss related to forthcoming baby, who knows?), a half-decorated house, a load of baby clothes still in boxes, and a sense of trepidation about the chaos and carnage that will ensue!

I am so looking forward to meeting our baby, but am at once anxious about getting everything done in time (although baby won't care if house if half-finished, I would like home to feel like a sanctuary), and cherishing the relative sort-of peace we have (ie decent sleep, peaceful evenings etc)- as well as feeling I am abandoning my cherished first child.

At 36 weeks I am quite happy for little one to stay put at least til due date, and possibly a couple of days beyond. And I most definitely want some feet-up time once I am on mat leave and dd still at childminders!

Anyone else not wishing time away?

Well I'm not wishing baby to come just yet, but That's probably because I'm 31+2 and go on holiday to Dubai next week (booked before baby) I return at 33+5. Anytime from then on I'll be happy to have baby and be more comfy tbh!

I think your attitude is a better one though smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now