Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

bump gotten alot smaller should i be worried?

(7 Posts)
kirdy Tue 16-Oct-12 12:35:13

Well im 31 weeks today and since sat I have noticed that my bump has gotten alot smaller! It seems to have dropped down and also gotten slimmer down the sides! I started to lose my mucus plug a couple weeks ago bits here and there and had a lot stronger Braxton hicks just lately. Could baby have dropped ready for labour already? Should I be worried or am I being a little paranoid? This is my third baby if that makes any difference xxx

gussiegrips Tue 16-Oct-12 12:37:14

I'd be phoning my midwife. Not to panic, just for reassurance.

I take it there's no dampness down below?

kirdy Tue 16-Oct-12 12:39:41

No dampness apart from bit extra discharge and the odd bit of wee when I cough!!

Wheresmycaffeinedrip Tue 16-Oct-12 12:40:47

Baby could have just moved but I'd personally call the midwife just for some reassurance

seven77 Tue 16-Oct-12 14:22:59

Unless you have any signs of early labour I wouldn't be too worried tbh. My bump noticably dropped at 28 weeks with DD, she was born at 35+6. Did you go full-term with your other 2?

kirdy Tue 16-Oct-12 18:43:25

Went near enough full term both born at 39 weeks. Xx

KJ007 Wed 17-Oct-12 12:03:12

Call midwife who will measure you and if you have shrunk you should be sent for a placenta function test. This happened to me with DS near my due date and I got scanned the same day and put on the monitor for a few hours. All was fine, turned out my fluid was running low, I ended up going into labour 2 days later anyway.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: