Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

bump gotten alot smaller should i be worried?

(7 Posts)
kirdy Tue 16-Oct-12 12:35:13

Well im 31 weeks today and since sat I have noticed that my bump has gotten alot smaller! It seems to have dropped down and also gotten slimmer down the sides! I started to lose my mucus plug a couple weeks ago bits here and there and had a lot stronger Braxton hicks just lately. Could baby have dropped ready for labour already? Should I be worried or am I being a little paranoid? This is my third baby if that makes any difference xxx

gussiegrips Tue 16-Oct-12 12:37:14

I'd be phoning my midwife. Not to panic, just for reassurance.

I take it there's no dampness down below?

kirdy Tue 16-Oct-12 12:39:41

No dampness apart from bit extra discharge and the odd bit of wee when I cough!!

Wheresmycaffeinedrip Tue 16-Oct-12 12:40:47

Baby could have just moved but I'd personally call the midwife just for some reassurance

seven77 Tue 16-Oct-12 14:22:59

Unless you have any signs of early labour I wouldn't be too worried tbh. My bump noticably dropped at 28 weeks with DD, she was born at 35+6. Did you go full-term with your other 2?

kirdy Tue 16-Oct-12 18:43:25

Went near enough full term both born at 39 weeks. Xx

KJ007 Wed 17-Oct-12 12:03:12

Call midwife who will measure you and if you have shrunk you should be sent for a placenta function test. This happened to me with DS near my due date and I got scanned the same day and put on the monitor for a few hours. All was fine, turned out my fluid was running low, I ended up going into labour 2 days later anyway.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now