Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

hospital bag

(9 Posts)
cbd Tue 16-Oct-12 09:47:34

I've had my bag packed for a long time ready for a long stay in QMC, but now plans have changed and I'm allowed to have baby in my local hospital. I'm not wanting to take 2 weeks of stuff with me, so just wondering what do you pack in a hospital bag for a few days stay. just want to slim my bags down.

NAR4 Tue 16-Oct-12 10:21:45

3 babygrows and vests, nappies, cotton wool, baby hat and gloves, baby cardigan. Nightdress/pjs, housecoat, slippers, wash bag and hand towel, bath towel, change of clothes, spare nightware, sanitary towels, breast pads, underwear (pref. disposable knickers). Anything else can be bought in for you by someone else, if you need them to. Still quiet a list though.

mom2rhysnruby Tue 16-Oct-12 10:22:18

Ive packed all baby things as expected

Myself:
Towels
Slippers
Pjs nightie
Toiletries, hairbrush, bobbles, headband
Pads and pants
Water bottle with a sports cap!!!
Sweets
Clothes to go home in x

mummy2benji Tue 16-Oct-12 10:26:36

Nappies, wipes, a couple of baby bodysuits and sleepsuits, a hat, scratch mitts if there aren't some incorporated into the sleepsuits, something warm for baby to come home in, a nightie to give birth in (ideally a big loose cotton monstrosity), a nicer nightie / PJs to sleep in overnight, warm socks as feet can get chilly in labour, pack of disposable knickers, lots of maternity pads, a nursing bra, breast pads, Lansinoh (if you're going to breastfeed), a change of clothes (jogging bottoms or something comfy as bump will have gone down a bit but still be there for a few days), snacks for labour, your washbag and hairbrush etc. Hmm think that about has it covered! smile

mummy2benji Tue 16-Oct-12 10:27:27

Oh yes, dressing gown and slippers too!

cbd Tue 16-Oct-12 11:12:45

thank you, it's less than i have in my bag already.

OneOfMyTurnsComingOn Tue 16-Oct-12 11:14:42

Agree with the above. Take something to drink too. Hospital water tastes of shite.

debbie1412 Thu 18-Oct-12 21:32:29

How the hell do people fit in all in 1 bag??? I have packed the basics and can not fit my dressing gown or bath towel and it's a large hold all bag.

xmasevebundle Thu 18-Oct-12 22:41:52

I have a suitcaseblush

Has his bits and bobs.

I have got dressing gown, nighty, pjs, slippers, flip flops(showering)sometimes hospital floors are dirty!

Make up if i even bother? Hair brush,comb, hair bands and another to keep my hair away from face.

Toothbrush and paste, mouthwash,towel, body wash and lotion, lip balm, deodrant and a few wash mits type things!

Charger for my phone, spare change, a magazine nearer the time, pen.

I have had it packed since 28w, i hate forgetting things, this is also my first so have i over packed?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now