Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

What were your pregnancy symptoms?

(12 Posts)
MammaMo Mon 15-Oct-12 22:43:36

I am hoping to to get pregnant again, I was wondering if anyone experienced different symptoms for different pregnancies or if they were always the same

Did you get early or late symptoms and when did you get a positive pregnancy result?

minipie Mon 15-Oct-12 23:02:57

Sore boobs were my first symptom. But they only appeared a week or so after the positive pregnancy test which was 2 days before my period was due. And I had implantation bleeding, but I only knew it was that rather than pre-period spotting after I got the positive.

mom2rhysnruby Mon 15-Oct-12 23:03:09

My boy - convinced it was a phantom pregnancy... No symptoms until well after 12 week scan. Just had heartburn and was tired. But blossomed! I looked and felt amazing!!

This baby .. (girl) - sickness, severe heartburn, dizzy spells, headaches, nausea, no appetite, sore boobs, bad hair & nails & skin. U name it ive had it!

MummyDuckAndDuckling Mon 15-Oct-12 23:04:46

Crampy tummy, bigger boobs that were covered in veins! This was the final symptom that pushed me over the edge to test!

Jakeyblueblue Mon 15-Oct-12 23:48:17

Nothing whatsoever until about a week after positive test. In fact, in hindsight, the total lack of symptoms was probably a symptom in itself! we had been trying for 18 months and had just about given up. I had spent all the other months analysing symptoms, convincing myself I was preggers and it always came back neg. turns out all those months It was obviously pmt and the reason I felt so well that month was because there was no period on the way! smile

CitrusyOne Tue 16-Oct-12 06:49:46

You name it, I had it. Am 39 weeks at the moment and think I've had everything going. Started with cramps, nausea, metallic taste in mouth- then I did test and realised why, then had insomnia, crazy dreams, extreme hunger and thirst, constantly needing a wee, constipation. Middle bit wasn't too bad- got carpel tunnel and a little bit of heartburn. Ooh-- just remembered one I HAVEN'T had- I normally suffer from really bad migraines and haven't had one the whole time I've been pregnant. grin

CitrusyOne Tue 16-Oct-12 06:50:41

In the early stages had terrible acne too..

LifesAHappySong Tue 16-Oct-12 09:40:09

Both times, ridiculous tiredness and feeling queasy from about 4 days before missed period, although weirdly despite the symptoms I didn't get a positive test until i was a few days late. Sore/ massive boobs then quickly followed!

philbee Tue 16-Oct-12 10:32:25

Mine are always the same and very minimal until about 6 weeks. I've been pg three times and never suspected as felt just the same as before my period. I get queasy and very tired for the first 12 weeks, and get PGP, so painful pelvis etc. Got a positive pg test result the day after my period was due each time, although this time it was very faint and I retested a few days later (and a few days after that... grin).

I think if you are trying to get pg symptom spotting will do your head in very quickly. You have to try to focus on other things, otherwise each month becomes even more of an emotional rollercoaster (unless it happens quickly of course). We were trying for a year this time, and the first six months I was obsessive about it and devastated when I got my period, and I had to really try to distance myself from it and think about what else was going on in my life.

MammaMo Tue 16-Oct-12 22:25:43

thanks for feedback smile

Pritchyx Wed 17-Oct-12 17:26:30

I just kind of knew, like a weird intuition that wouldn't go! Then I started to put weight on and I was/am ridiculously tired all the time too the point of nodding off at work... But my mom knew well before I had even found out myself... I was 4+1 when I found out! I'm now 9+6... First scan 2 weeks tomorrow! X

Jaobrien Sun 21-Oct-12 09:49:43

I don't know how 'normal' this is but I have had none if the usual pregnancy side effects or symptoms. No heartburn, sickness, sore breasts. I've only had periods of tiredness now and again! I do feel very very lucky! X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now