Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Can we compare notes on linea nigra?

(23 Posts)
abigboydidit Mon 15-Oct-12 21:55:12

With DS I had a fairly marked linea nigra. Am sallow skinned and it was pretty dark and went right from just below my boobs to my belly button and then disappeared down my bump and out of sight. Took blummin ages to fade away too!

As now 26 weeks pregnant with DC2 and was convinced the line had appeared by this stage with DS but it may be my mushy brain playing tricks.. Can anyone remember when yours appeared? And has anybody had one in a pregnancy and then not had it in subsequent pregnancies? This is the kinda stuff I find myself pondering at 2am when struggling with insomnia confused

LoisLame Mon 15-Oct-12 22:21:22

Just starting to notice mine at 21wks with dc2. It goes from my bra line to pubic line, and was the same when pg with dd, but can't remember when it started to show with her.

I love it for some reason - one of the nicer side effects IMO.

minipie Mon 15-Oct-12 23:04:30

First pregnancy, mine appeared a couple of weeks ago at 30 weeks. Unless I just missed it before.

ivanapoo Mon 15-Oct-12 23:14:07

I'm nearly 32 weeks and don't have one. But apparently not all women get it...?

I do have a slightly hairy tummy and under-chin though

OneOfMyTurnsComingOn Mon 15-Oct-12 23:15:41

I've never had one. Currently on 3rd pregnancy.

crackcrackcrak Mon 15-Oct-12 23:16:41

Got a v slight line of hair with dd1. I tanked it out then panicked it would hurt the baby somehow! Nothing with dd2.

MaMaPo Mon 15-Oct-12 23:20:42

I'm 31 weeks and don't have one either. Haven't noticed any changes in pigmentation at all.

AlisonDB Mon 15-Oct-12 23:41:46

I'm 31 weeks, i didn't have one at all with ds1 and I don't have one now either, in fair skinned dont know if that makes a difference or not?

FreddieMercurysEnormusPumpkin Mon 15-Oct-12 23:57:03

I'm fair skinned too, didn't have one with DS and don't have one now at 36 weeks. My sister had with both her pregnancies but she is quite sallow. I do however have a very hairy belly at the moment! I did with DS too and trhe hair went after I had him.

Greypuddle Tue 16-Oct-12 00:00:36

I'm very pale and noticed a very wobbly one from my chest all the way down at about 29 weeks.

Purplecatti Tue 16-Oct-12 08:50:33

I'm so pale I'm almost see-through and I got a line at 20 something weeks. It's very thin and light though and wonky

sundaesundae Tue 16-Oct-12 08:52:07

I got mine at 9 weeks, people told me it must have been off my underwear.. nope. Still there nearly 9 weeks later and joined by hair. My bump is not glam.

stowsettler Tue 16-Oct-12 08:54:41

23 weeks, nothing.

Gingerbreadlatte Tue 16-Oct-12 08:56:42

Im 37wks with DC2 and only just getting it now. Had it for most of pregnancy with DC1.... I thought I was going to get away without it this time!

SlightlySuperiorPeasant Tue 16-Oct-12 09:04:35

I'm 39 weeks and have a wonky, hairy linea nigra from my bra line to my bikini lini. I had one with DC1 too. First time round I thought I got so hairy because I was having a boy but DC2 is a girl and it's just as bad,

abigboydidit Tue 16-Oct-12 10:40:32

Hmmmm... Maybe I imagined it coming earlier last time! Giggling at all the hairy bumps. Mine was worse with DS but I guess there's still time blush

WeeLors Tue 16-Oct-12 12:09:14

I was the same, first time round I think I got it quite early (can't remember exactly when, sometime early in my 2nd trimester I think). Thought I wasn't getting one this time but its appeared in the last couple of months (I'm 39wks now so think I must've been over 30wks). Its a lot paler than last time too

Splinters Tue 16-Oct-12 13:25:33

21 weeks, proper hairy troll bump but no line..

Fiendishlie Tue 16-Oct-12 14:25:43

Two pregnancies, both to 42 weeks, never got a line at all.

megandraper Tue 16-Oct-12 14:27:11

I had very dark lines with both DSs, and only a faint one (that appeared later) with DD.

All lines gone now (last DC is 16 months).

crochetcircle Tue 16-Oct-12 15:56:47

I had a prominent line with dd1 - came around 20-25 weeks I think. But I never got one with dd2 which I did find odd.

Am 6 weeks post birth of dd2 and waiting for all the extra hair I grew to fall out, but can't remember when this happened last time. I have thick hair anyway, so I look kind of ridiculous when pregnant!

abigboydidit Wed 17-Oct-12 07:38:12

crochetcircle you're the first person I've spoken to who has had in in one but not all pregnancies!

crochetcircle Thu 18-Oct-12 14:21:34

It's weird isn't it?! My tummy muscles didn't separate with the second pregnancy - wonder if its related to that?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now