Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

36+5 anyone else had a random achy pain in bum cheek?

(6 Posts)
terilou87 Mon 15-Oct-12 18:29:46

well as the title says really. iv had this pain in my left bum cheek it almost feels like a dead leg pain but in the bum cheek. don't have a clue what it is but could do with advice on how to get rid of it. all advice welcome blush

LillyofWinchester Mon 15-Oct-12 18:32:25

Could it be Sciatica?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sciatica

I think this is common in pregnancy especially made worse by sleeping on your back and trapping the nerves. Not sure how to get rid of it though....

terilou87 Mon 15-Oct-12 18:37:33

lillyofwinchester thankyou reading wiki it could be that. ill have to book a doctors appointment.

LillyofWinchester Mon 15-Oct-12 18:41:23

Good luck, hope you find a way to get rid of it soon! I have also had it mildly, but since I made more of an effort to not sleep on my back its gone (I'm only 28 weeks though so scope for it coming back!). Worst thing was feeling like I was walking around like a geriatric.

Beamur Mon 15-Oct-12 18:42:59

I had it for a while - the baby was lying on a nerve. Luckily she shifted and the pain went away.
Try and keep mobile and walk around, if you can get your baby to move a bit it might help.

terilou87 Mon 15-Oct-12 18:53:20

sleep, whats that? iv got spd already and sleeping is really painful, beamur thanks for the advice ill try to walk about a bit more anything that will get rid of the ache. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now