Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

39+1 weeks, sharp shooting pains down inside leg?

(3 Posts)
cakeandcava Mon 15-Oct-12 17:17:28

Hi,
I'm just over 39 weeks and the last few days I've been having these really intense sharp shooting pains down my legs -started down the back of the right leg, now it seems to have moved to the inside of my left leg.

Was walking in town today, and occasionally it was so painful I almost fell over. It stops me in my tracks and makes me buckle over (looks quite dramatic!), but only lasts a few seconds. Is this something I should worry about, or is it quite normal? I'm guessing it's the baby resting on a nerve? I've been told the head is engaged, so could be related to that?

NellyBluth Mon 15-Oct-12 17:24:33

I didn't have this, but it does sound like a trapped nerve. At this stage baby's head could be pressing on god knows what. But I'd give your MW a call if I were you, if they are that painful then you might want to check that your baby isn't pressing on anything that could be damaged (sorry, hope that's not doom-mongering!)

cakeandcava Tue 16-Oct-12 09:18:51

Thank you -will try to call today. It's not debilitating, but enough of an issue now that it's worth asking about!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now