Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Milk

(9 Posts)
datingthedevil Mon 15-Oct-12 10:31:09

Hi all,

I currently cannot drink enough milk. I've just drunk a litre of full fat milk. Apart from the fat content is too much milk bad for me or the baby?!?

Stupid question i know!

Char x

Its probably good for the baby.

I drank 6 litres of milk in 3 days a couple of weeks ago. And I still have to drink a lot now for heartburn!

smile

JennerOSity Mon 15-Oct-12 10:35:50

Nope - crack on!

Even full fat milk is still only around 4% fat content so actually is hardly very fatty at all compared to many many other foods. Additionally, fat soluble nutrition content is lost in milk which is reduced fat (semi/full skimmed) so given your nutrition requirements are higher when pregnant it is no bad thing to be quaffing the full fat stuff.

JennerOSity Mon 15-Oct-12 10:37:07

The calcium content is absorbed better from full fat milk, so for those growing bones, milk is fabulous food.

javotte Mon 15-Oct-12 10:59:09

If you are craving it your body probably needs it.
At least that's what I tell myself when I eat chocolate for the fifth time in one afternoon blush

datingthedevil Mon 15-Oct-12 12:01:28

Thank you! I don't feel so bad now after drinking that litre. Well I feel a bit sick but I don't feel so guilty grin

datingthedevil Mon 15-Oct-12 12:02:13

And I agree with javotte about chocolate. Mine needs ice cream often.

JennerOSity Mon 15-Oct-12 12:50:00

Ice cream = cold milk!! with a bit of sugar included

See - you need milk!

ThreeWheelsGood Mon 15-Oct-12 13:52:44

Take vitamin d supplement to help your body absorb the calcium. Even full fat milk isn't that fatty, so don't worry about the fat content!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now