Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

So I peed myself in bed last night, tell me this will be ok after the baby is born!

(5 Posts)
rogersmellyonthetelly Mon 15-Oct-12 08:57:43

3rd dc. Am 23 weeks, have a horrendous cough. After being awake coughing for 1.5 hours in the early hours of this morning, I had a violent coughing fit and then realised my legs were wet. Panicked thinking it was my waters, but def just pee thank goodness.
Is this the end for my pelvic floor? I've never ever weed myself before even at 40 weeks, not even a dribble.
I can't bring myself to think about the rest of my life wearing tena lady!
For those of my advanced years (37) who had this problem during pregnancy, did it go away afterwards?

MrsWolowitz Mon 15-Oct-12 09:01:04

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

JennerOSity Mon 15-Oct-12 11:09:06

Yes, you'll get it back don't worry - but you do need to do squeeze your pelvic floor muscle regularly to make the difference. Pressure of baby etc + sudden force of cough can easily equal an accident without you expecting to become incontinent for life! grin

If it is any consolation at around that point in my pregnancy (currently 36+6 with dc2 and 36yo) I had bad food poisoning and was (TMI ALERT) throwing up with force - (the kind where you think you are going to turn yourself inside out) and was kneeling at the loo doing this while utterly unable to prevent the simultaneous pee'ing at the other end... concerned DH legs it upstairs to find me on my hands and knees stinky at one end and soggy at the other blush - oh the indignity <-- deliberate Thomas Tank Engine reference

However, I have been pf exercising away and no longer have any risk of accidents and fully expect to be OK after birth even if I am temporarily weakened.

SlightlySuperiorPeasant Mon 15-Oct-12 12:05:48

I used to wet the bed nearly every night when I was pg with DC1, waking up mid-wee and unable to stop myself. DH thought it was hilarious hmm I used the pampers disposable changing mats as incontinence pads, which worked brilliantly.

I'm now 39+2 with DC2 and haven't had any accidents at all, either asleep or awake grin I can recommend getting an aerobics/birthing ball to sit on for 20 minutes or so a day - not only is my pelvic floor a lot stronger this time but my midwife us very impressed with my abs!

chezziejo Mon 15-Oct-12 18:46:57

Hehe I have done this as well. Luckily DP was asleep and it was only a bit so think I got away with it. Fortunately for me in a strange way the dog had managed to get upstairs and jumped on the bed with muddy paws so an excellent excuse. I swear I own the only dog that can open doors mind but I let him off this time grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now