Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Baby weight

(11 Posts)
xmasevebundle Mon 15-Oct-12 00:43:26

Im 30w and i weigh 12st 12(i did last week) im about 5ft 5/6.

I have put on 6lb since i found out i was pregnant. I did put a lot of weight on before i was pregnant. I use to eat mcdonalds at least 3-4 a week.

I am a size 16-18 but i want to go down to a size 10/12 after ive had DC.

Although my clothes size is big, i dont look fat i am well shapped out person, expect my bum which previous partners have called it a 'booty' which pisses makes me so happyhmm

Any advice on how to shift the weight off after the pregnancy??!

SkipTheLightFanjango Mon 15-Oct-12 00:45:34

BF!! Helps lose the weight. Pushing a buggy around does wonders too..take little one everywhere in a buggy, great workout! Good luck.

BigWhoop Mon 15-Oct-12 00:51:15

Breastfeed - all those I know that have kept it up for at least a year are smaller than they were when they got preggers smile

xmasevebundle Mon 15-Oct-12 00:54:09

Im not planning to breastfeedsad.

I will be walking with DS when hes born, but hes due christmas eve, i live by the seaside so its super nippy outside!

Also rains a lot during the winter.

I eat lots of veg, but i have a sweet tooth for coke cola.... which isnt the best!

SkipTheLightFanjango Mon 15-Oct-12 01:04:45

Blimey..think you are over-thinking this! Baby is the most important thing now...the weight will come off in time. Wait for spring when you can take long strolls with your gorgeous child..the weight can wait till then!!

SkipTheLightFanjango Mon 15-Oct-12 01:06:12

I know this as someone who lost 2 stone after the birth of dc 1! Just relax and take the time to enjoy now!

xmasevebundle Mon 15-Oct-12 01:37:05

I just dont want to end up even bigger than what i am!

I do over think everythingsad

You are right though!

feesh Mon 15-Oct-12 04:16:02

To be honest, if you've got a weakness for C

feesh Mon 15-Oct-12 04:17:25

To be honest, if you've got a weakness for Coke and McDonalds, it will be easy to lose the weight if you give those up. You won't need to think about it too much - just cut out the crap, watch your portion sizes and make sure you pad meals out with veg and it will be easy. Good luck smile

Redsilk Mon 15-Oct-12 04:24:27

Fruit instead of anything with sugar!

And yes, breastfeed. You digest more because you're be eating for two.

Boop33 Mon 15-Oct-12 08:15:26

You have hardly put any weight on !!!!!!! 6lbs is nothing .... i am 37 weeks and have put on 2 stone ( which is about average !). Bearing in mind that your lil one will be 6lbs or so i would not worry about it ! If you are talking about 4 stone then yeah you may want to worry about losing it ..........it will easily come off . Good luck xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now