Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

12+5 and spotting

(8 Posts)
KJ007 Sun 14-Oct-12 19:24:33

Hi, just having a little panic as am 12wks +5 with my 2nd child and just passed a very small clot. Doesn't seem to be anything else coming at the mo and haven't had any cramping although been feeling v sick and did vomit this morning (have been feeling the same since 5 wks though). I don't feel it's serious enough to go to A&E but could do with any advice from anyone who has had similar experiences

SaggyOldClothCatPuss Sun 14-Oct-12 19:50:49

Well, Im obviously not a doctor, but when I had similar, I rang my GP, and she said that all I could do was sit tight and see what happened, and to get back in touch if I had further pain or bleeding.
I was fine, it turned out that I had a cervical erosion.
Have you registered with a midwife yet? Id make contact and see what she says. If not, just phone the gp.

KJ007 Sun 14-Oct-12 20:36:50

Hi, thanks for your reply, yes am registered and had my 12 wk scan last weds, baby was fine, heartbeat etc. Tried to call midwife and GP but only option out of hrs is A&E but will call midwife first thing. I'm not usually a worrier but never had this with no 1 and have been feeling a lot worse this time around and had a lot of stress as an being made redundant at Christmas and having to deal with a lot at work.

SaggyOldClothCatPuss Sun 14-Oct-12 20:44:04

I sailed through PG1, but PG2 was dreadful! Seriously nauseous! It turned out that 1 was DS, 2 was DD. They say that girls make you feel worse! Can you speak to anyone in A&E on the phone? or could you call the labour ward? I know you are a long way off yet, but they may be able to advise you. Have you lost any more blood?

KJ007 Sun 14-Oct-12 21:20:12

No more blood lost, labour ward won't speak to me as am less than 20 wks!! Have decided to keep an eye on it and if I pass any more will just go to A&E. This pregnancy has been pretty bad so far - been sick since wk5 and exhausted all the time whereas sailed through PG1 which was a boy too!

SaggyOldClothCatPuss Sun 14-Oct-12 21:52:30

Girl maybe? wink until week 12 with dd, I survived on beef and tomato cuppasoup and dry stale bread! EVERYTHING ELSE tasted greasy! sad

KJ007 Mon 15-Oct-12 14:47:40

Spoke to midwife this morning and she didn't seem to think there was anything to worry about as it was old blood and not acompanied by any pain or cramps but said to keep an eye on it and go straight to A&E if anything else happens.

SaggyOldClothCatPuss Mon 15-Oct-12 15:06:33

Thats good. Im so glad that you are ok. This is a good excuse to tell DH that you need to take things easy for a while, and get a bit of pampering! wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now