Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Possibly tmi- crusty white bits in nipples

(14 Posts)
Nicky1306 Sat 13-Oct-12 23:10:08

Hi,

Has anyone else noticed this? There's little crusty (gross lol ) white bits sitting in my nipples, I can pick them out and it's not sore or smelly. Has anyone else had this ? I've not noticed my boobs leaking so wondered what it is. I'm 22 weeks today x x

IWipeArses Sat 13-Oct-12 23:10:57

It'll just be milk.

Yeah I get this and I had it with DD aswell. Pretty sure its normal smile

wanderingalbatross Sat 13-Oct-12 23:12:11

I had similar towards the end of my pregnancy. I put it down to leaking very small amounts of milk/colostrum. It went away once DD was born and I started feeding her.

NotInMyDay Sat 13-Oct-12 23:12:23

It's colostrum and is perfectly normal and strangely satisfying to pick

Badgerina Sat 13-Oct-12 23:12:37

It's colostrum! smile Your clever body has started to prepare for your baby by making this amazing substance for your baby to feed on in the 3-5 days before your "milk comes in". It's packed with good fats and antibodies and forms the basis of the baby's developing immune system.

Nagoo Sat 13-Oct-12 23:16:22

Yep. You could buff it off with a flannel if you so desired.

Give it a squeeze, bet you'll get a bit of colostrum out smile it's fascinating isn't it? I miss it a bit.

ThreeWheelsGood Sat 13-Oct-12 23:18:35

Yes, I get this, no leaking, just looks like/feels like dry skin. I'm trying not to pick it out too often.

MB34 Sat 13-Oct-12 23:20:52

I've had this too - almost since I found out I was pregnant (I'm now 35+4). Although my crusty bits are in my bra cups too! :-/

Londonmrss Sat 13-Oct-12 23:29:09

You're just a bit leaky. I always leak in my sleep and then it dries in silvery streaks all over my skin. I wake up looking like I've had snails crawling all over me in my sleep.

StateofConfusion Sat 13-Oct-12 23:36:13

I've had this a few weeks now, did with my older children too. Pps have said it all so I won't repeat smile

Kickarsequeen Sat 13-Oct-12 23:46:38

As above, but it's not gross! Your body has been feeding your baby for 22 weeks, It is getting organised to feed your baby when he / she is born.

Wheels79 Sat 13-Oct-12 23:52:54

I just got this too over the last few days. Am 23 weeks. It looks like my nipples have dandruff.

spandau1980 Sun 14-Oct-12 08:55:48

Lol perfectly normal its milk lmao ...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now