Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Bleeding at 11 weeks

(17 Posts)
littlemisswednesday Sat 13-Oct-12 19:57:18

I'm pregnant for the first time, and today started bleeding (bright red, on two occasions so far). Went straight to A&E but won't be scanned until Monday so just have to sit it out until then. Nurse was quite reassuring and said bleeding was common, but doctor said it was likely to be miscarriage. Terrified sad

I had three early scans (due to some pain), the last of which at 6 weeks showed a foetus and heartbeat. Had plenty of sickness/exhaustion right from the off, but this has subsided over the last few days. My breasts are much less tender today as well.....am guessing that none of this is a good sign.

Not really sure what I'm looking for, expect maybe for anyone who has been through anything similar. Think it's going to be a long wait until that scan on Monday.

cupcake78 Sat 13-Oct-12 20:04:16

It's horrible when this happens. The facts are that nobody knows! Baby will hopefully be fine but there is always that chance.

I have been through similar and was told to rest, no sex, sleep as well as can be try to remain calm. Don't lift anything, walk to far etc just look after yourself and take it easy. I wish you the best of luck. Remember it could just be one of those things.

0liverb0liverbuttface Sat 13-Oct-12 20:17:09

I had this with DD1. I bled on and off throughout, was told I was probably going to lose her in the very early days but she was fine - small but totally healthy.

Rest and try to be calm and hopefully you will be fine.

Good luck and hugs - I remember how upset I was x

WillowB Sat 13-Oct-12 20:18:01

It's positive that you've seen a heartbeat. Chances of mc are much less after 8 weeks with a heartbeat.
I bled on and off during pregnancy starting at 6 weeks with brown bleeding which then got heavier and turned into a heavy red bleed. Also had a big bleed the week before my 12 week scan. The doctor told me that although bleeding isn't normal, it is very common. They never got to the bottom of what was causing the bleeding so I know the feeling of being on edge all the time.
My little boy is asleep upstairs. I hope it all works out for you
x

queenofthepirates Sat 13-Oct-12 20:28:51

No advice except this happened to me and DD is asleep now.

Thinking of you, hold in there and post again if you need some hand holding xxx

littlemisswednesday Sat 13-Oct-12 20:49:39

Thank you so much everyone - knowing other people have been through similar (and have had positive endings) really helps and has calmed me down a lot.

Other half is away on a stag weekend in Spain this weekend (awful timing! but on his way home) so the hand holding is much appreciated.

panicnotanymore Sat 13-Oct-12 22:12:26

I had a short flood of bright red blood at 10 weeks. Filled the toilet bowl.... terrifying. I also felt less pregnant afterwards. I then had spotting and brown sludge for a couple of days.

The baby was fine and I'm now 21 weeks. Sometimes the pregnant feeling starts to drop off about this time as the placenta starts to take over so hormone levels drop a bit.

I hope you are lucky too. Big hug.

berri Sat 13-Oct-12 23:05:14

Best of luck for Monday - I had lots of bright red bleeds with DS and was also told twice to expect the worst, but all was ok in the end. Everything crossed for you, try to take it easy this weekend.

CharlieStinkySocks Sat 13-Oct-12 23:09:02

Oh gosh poor you, what terrible timing with your DH away as well.

I've had these dreadful waits for scans in the past, it is amazing how long a single day can be in these circumstances.

Someone told me during my wait- MN will be here to hold your hand whether it turns out to be good news or bad- and I found that a real comfort.

Will be thinking of you on Monday

littlemisswednesday Mon 15-Oct-12 14:28:45

I just wanted to say thank you to you all for your support. I had a full miscarriage yesterday - I spent the whole day having horrendous contractions and bleeding and I finally passed everything out at about 1am. Had a final scan this morning to confirm.

We're obviously devastated and pretty traumatised by the whole experience - I don't think I had any idea that I'd have to go through anything akin to labour. I'm lucky to have a strong support network around me though - I feel calm now, but just incredibly sad. Thank you again for your messages - they really did mean a lot to me during this time.

Cwm Mon 15-Oct-12 14:34:07

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

panicnotanymore Mon 15-Oct-12 14:40:26

Oh littlemiss, there are no words really. I'm so very sorry. Look after yourself, take your time. Big hug.

stowsettler Mon 15-Oct-12 16:16:21

Just seen this thread. So sorry to hear the outcome, sounds like you had an awful time. As has already been said - take care of yourself xxx

CaptainHoratioWragge Mon 15-Oct-12 17:04:06

I'm so very sorry.

berri Mon 15-Oct-12 17:25:18

I'm so sorry to read this littlemiss. What a sad thing to have to go through. Like already said, there really are no words. Thinking of you.

0liverb0liverbuttface Mon 15-Oct-12 18:22:32

So sorry to hear that littlemiss. I'm glad you have lots of support. I'm thinking about you.

WillowB Tue 16-Oct-12 10:08:24

So sorry little miss. Take good care of yourself
X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now