Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Moses baskets

(6 Posts)
WerewolvesDoTheFandango Sat 13-Oct-12 16:24:47

Silly question time again! Someone has lent me a moses basket. They gave me the stand, basket and hood (I have mattress). But there is no cover over the top, do I need one? What else do I need? The baby is due just before Christmas so it will be cold. What should the baby sleep in? Blankets? How many? Can they go straight into a grow bag?

I am utterly clueless!

OneOfMyTurnsComingOn Sat 13-Oct-12 16:26:08

Cover on Moses basket not needed. I will be using a blanket til baby is big enough for grobag. Unless its a big baby.

mandoo Sat 13-Oct-12 16:29:05

You don't need a cover for the basket. Baby can sleep in a short sleeve or long sleeve vest with a baby grow over the top and yes you can get a grow bag for a newborn or swaddle. Be careful not to over heat as you will prob have the central heating on too.

MJP1 Sat 13-Oct-12 16:44:00

I too had all these questions to ask about moses baskets as I recently got a 2nd hand moses basket, I am totally clueless on this, although I did read somewhere(here I think) you can use a standard pillowcase to cover the mattress. Thankyou sensible ladies x

SpottyTeacakes Sat 13-Oct-12 16:49:47

I will be using a sheet on the mattress and then a swaddle blanket with nothing on top like these will be dressing baby in short/long sleeved vest with grow depending on how cold it is

WerewolvesDoTheFandango Sat 13-Oct-12 16:52:08

Thank you all! I am having the 30 week panic! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now