Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Worsening pregnancy sickness at 11 weeks

(9 Posts)
ICompletelyKnowAboutGuineaPigs Fri 12-Oct-12 22:01:13

Been feeling nauseated throughout pregnancy with some days worse than others. I am not often actually sick but again have had the odd bad days. This last week however seems to have beenworse - I thought it was meant to be getting better! I know I'm lucky really as some people really suffer but just a bit perturbed that its getting worse not better confused

This is DC3 so you'd think I'd know but only had low level nausea with the other 2, this is certainly the worse I've been.

Anyone any experience of this?

Frantastic84 Sat 13-Oct-12 09:50:44

I am 13 weeks today, and although I haven't been sick yet I've felt constantly sick since about 6 weeks. People keep telling me it'll get better but it's certainly got worse since 11 weeks! Having said that, fingers crossed its settling because I feel ok so far today. The main thing that helps me is not letting myself get hungry, as that makes it so much worse. So I try to have something every couple of hours, even if its just a yoghurt or some crackers. Hope you feel better soon! x

dietcokeandwine Sat 13-Oct-12 10:00:56

Yes yes and a thousand times yes (unfortunately). Sorry you're experiencing this too.

I had what I'd call 'typical' first trimester sickness this time (also on DC3) - ie feel sick and grotty but feel bit more human after a bag of crisps grin. Around 14 weeks, it all cranked up massively and I spent from 14-22 weeks feeling absolutely drained and awful. I'm 24 weeks now and a bit better than I was but still nowhere near 'blooming'!

In both my previous pregnancies I had mild sickness till about 14 weeks and then felt great but this time it's all been very different. Of course everyone is assuming that as my older 2 are boys, this one has to be a girl, but I think it's far more that I'm (a) older (b) looking after 2 children (c) more tired generally and (d) just happening to have a rough pregnancy.

Hope you feel better soon...

backwardpossom Sat 13-Oct-12 10:07:03

Mine got worse around then (in that I went from nausea to actual vomming) but it only lasted about 3 weeks. After then I was fine. Hope you feel better soon.

cupcake78 Sat 13-Oct-12 10:46:24

Been horribly sick with all my pregnancies and for me it didn't ease till well into my 2nd trimester. Take each day as it comes, eat when you can, get fresh air.

Hopefully it will go shortly

GrandPoohBah Sat 13-Oct-12 12:27:57

My general grotty queasy tired feeling was definitely worse after about 10 weeks. At around 16weeks it started to ease off and by 20 I was feeling pretty much ok, although I'm still less 'fussed' by food than I was, and I'm 33 weeks now.

ICompletelyKnowAboutGuineaPigs Sat 13-Oct-12 13:23:59

Thanks everyone. It's certainly worse when I forget to eat, which seems to be much easier with two demanding children! Going to try the regular snacking to see if that helps and then just ride it out. Just bought myself a pack of Cheddars - think I'll need to tie them round my neck so I don't forget to actually eat them!

AmayaBuzzbee Sat 13-Oct-12 19:52:59

Snap. I had all day nausea (but no vomiting) from 7wks, and just as I thought things started to get better, the nausea peaked between 11-13wks! Could not go to work, was totally incapacitated in bed. Vomiting and horrible stomach cramps and lower back pain. Am now 15 weeks, and only get very mild nausea if I forget to eat every couple of hours.

spandau1980 Sun 14-Oct-12 08:56:31

I threw til 16 weeks hun

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now