Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

"You're glowing!"

(22 Posts)
Littlesurprise Fri 12-Oct-12 17:59:26

This preggo bit of MN seems really negative and down on itself atm.

Im 9 weeks. Ok, so I'm really suffering with morning sickness, I feel tired and rubbish, and this is not a glamourous time for me right now...

But please tell me I'm not the only person to be completely bat shit crazy over the moon about this pg lark?

Do we have any nice things to say to each other?...

tinyshinyanddon Fri 12-Oct-12 18:05:13

There IS a lot of negative stuff on the PG thread - I put it down to people not wanting to moan to real people in RL (or perhaps they can't because no-one knows they are PG). I am a very happy PG lady but then I have few health problems save some back issues which seems to be holding up OK at 17 weeks so yay! We are pregnant!

Paradisefound Fri 12-Oct-12 18:15:58

I had my dating scan this week, it was amazing to see the baby. It's tiny feet and hands, the cute little nose and mouth. He or she kept drinking amniotic fluid and then burping...it was great !

Yes I'm excited about the pregnancy but suffering with bad sickness, horrible dry and spotty skin ... Patiently waiting for the glow !

Teapig Fri 12-Oct-12 18:16:15

Yay for positive pg stories! I think it's great to have a vent on MN but also brilliant to share the joy.

I'm over the moon to be 13 weeks. So excited about having a LO and secretly excited that I'll have a proper long time off work with maternity leave - this will be DC1 for me please no one shatter the illusion that maternity leave is like a lovely long holiday.

Congrats ladies!

I am amazingly happy that I'm pregnant but my body has taken a bashing with it so I suppose I whine a lot on here. But I've been told I look great (even if I don't feel it) and I'm very excited about baby coming. Yay

(9 weeks to go)

ellesabe Fri 12-Oct-12 19:15:21

Maternity leave IS like a lovely long holiday grin

FlaminNoraImPregnantPanda Fri 12-Oct-12 19:21:41

I'm over the moon. I'm so excited (and scared). I'm 8 weeks or more though so also currently feeling utterly rotten. Haven't got off the sofa all day, feeling all overheated and flushed, and my head is killing me. But I keep reminding myself that at this early stage being poorly is a good sign, it means I am really pregnant and everything is as it should be.

PurplePidjin Fri 12-Oct-12 19:22:03

33 weeks, tidy little bump and nothing more than a touch of anaemia to worry about.

It's not all doom and gloom wink

glossyflower Fri 12-Oct-12 19:51:37

I HATE LADIES WHO HAVE BLOOMED!!!

Lol. Only kidding.

I'm almost 13 weeks, had hyperemesis and have not enjoyed one minute so far of being pregnant.
And sorry for all my moany posts, past present and future ;-)
Take care all xxx

PurplePidjin Fri 12-Oct-12 19:57:23

I haven't exactly done it on purpose hmm

And this is the only place online I've mentioned it, I'm hardly going around rubbing other people's nose in how uneventful my pregnancy is hmm

mummy2benji Fri 12-Oct-12 20:33:56

Despite all the complications I am still very excited to be pregnant! 37+6 today and I am sitting here feeling little miss wiggles doing somersaults in my belly smile Maybe not somersaults, as her head is engaged, but I have limbs poking out all over the place! I'm grateful I've carried a lot smaller with her than I did with ds - it was hard work lugging that hefty bump around at this stage with him - as it has made it easier for me to look after ds and keep active and on top of things at home. Ds came early so baby's arrival could happen anytime - very exciting plus somewhat scary and daunting! x

glossyflower Fri 12-Oct-12 22:18:02

purple I'm sorry for offending you. I should know better than to upset a pregnant lady :-) hope you can accept my apology I really didn't mean anything by it towards you. Xxx

PurplePidjin Fri 12-Oct-12 22:31:02

It's more that my pregnancy is no less valid than yours just because I'm not suffering. You're not the first person, nor will you be the last, to feel aggrieved that you're having a horrible time (and you have my empathy, I've supported friends through rough pregnancies) But it's not a competition, nor is a difficult time usual for the majority of women - those struggling, with all aspects of life, are massively over-represented on mumsnet because it's the only place to talk to other people in the same situation. This thread is a little place for those of us not going through hell. Imo.

Apology unnecessary, you have every right to your opinion wink

philbee Sat 13-Oct-12 01:34:16

I am super happy too. With DD it was all new and I don't think I felt that fed up. Last year I was pg for 12 weeks and then miscarried and resented all the restrictions (not helped by DH trying to book holidays to exotic places where food poisoning was pretty much guaranteed hmm), had PGP from 9 weeks, was massively tired and trying to look after DD all the time as well.

This time I couldn't care less about not drinking or eating soft cheese. Have had minor bits and pieces, but not much, and I get a bit of time to myself each week because DD is at school. I totally recognise that it's a frustrating time for lots of people, pregnancy is really held up as a glorious blossoming of womanhood and actually it's very hard going and feels anything but natural for lots of women. But i guess i was expecting worse so far, and because we tried for a year this time and I am just happy to be pg again, full stop, no complaints.

EggsMichelle Sat 13-Oct-12 06:03:28

Mine so far has been a bit of back pain after too many hours at my desk and glucose in my urine, very uneventful! But I agree you don't want people in RL to think you are ungrateful that you are pregnant (I know a few people who have/ are struggling to conceive) and these boards give you lots of piece of mind that we are all going through the same thing and its nothing to worry about. The second trimester definitely the easiest, make the most of it!!!

PurplePidjin Sat 13-Oct-12 06:47:25

I've found it the other way, Michelle - people looking hmm because I'm not harping on about minor niggles* and expecting cups of tea fetched**!

*this is not aimed at anyone here, more at drama llamas in RL
**I'm saving that for when I'm breast feeding wink

bangersmashandbeans Sat 13-Oct-12 07:41:39

I'm a happy glowing pregnant person! Second baby and second trimester, feeling fab, hair nails and skin all looking good and I'm loving having boobs again!! Loads of energy too at the moment. Last time it all went a bit wrong from 35 weeks with choliastasis and PE so I'm going enjoy every minute of feeling well this time as I know there's a good chance of it happening again. Don't think I'll ever get past feeling that baby wiggling around inside is the best thing in the whole world!! Embrace and enjoy if you're lucky enough to be feeling well ladies xx

DaffyDuck88 Sat 13-Oct-12 11:22:11

Morning everyone! I am at 30 weeks aged 44 with first and lets face it probably only dc. I am loving being pregnant, every time I catch sight of the bump I smile and every time she kicks I giggle. Been lucky so far and not been ill or anything, but then maybe she will give me a tricksy birth who knows, but so far this is an experience I thought had passed me by for good, so I am relishing every little bit as it comes.
Thats not to say there aren't things to worry about - being made redundant, but even in that, my boss is loathsome so never having to see her again is a gift in itself.

And yesterday I rediscovered a childhood love of fig rolls - to the shop now to buy some!

Wishing everyone safe, happy and well

InNeedofSomeSleep Sat 13-Oct-12 11:30:21

I'm 10 weeks and am so happy to be pregnant with dc2, apart from terrible morning sickness, tonsillitis and a bad cold. Just can't wait for my scan this week taking our dd to see her new little brother or sister is going to be amazing. smile

isambardo Sat 13-Oct-12 12:46:14

It is nice to have a positive thread.
I'm just coming up to 35 weeks pregnant, can't believe how fast it has gone. Love being pregnant and feeling the baby hiccuping and wriggling every day, and amazingly I can still shave my legs/put my own shoes on.
Do have some lower back pain and always feel happy when I get a good night's sleep (doesn't happen often), I've had it really easy so feel grateful for that.
I do get told that I'm 'tidy' and 'glowing' which both always make me chuckle.
Plenty of other life worries including husband's current unemployment and having to move house when I'm 37 weeks, but things always work out and we are happy.
Best of luck to everyone else here, it's good to remember most pregnancies are uneventful. Now just keeping my fingers crossed the birth is textbook as well!

fidol Sat 13-Oct-12 17:55:44

I'm over the moon too!
Knackered and nauseous but also just bought a new house to start our family in! DH been promoted and I am glowing, girl at work guessed damn decaf and said I looked fab!! 8+3

MrsDeVere Sat 13-Oct-12 18:02:44

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now