Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Moles

(9 Posts)
pinkposey Fri 12-Oct-12 14:40:40

Last pregnancy my moles all got really big and bumpy and I went to the doctor who said that this was normal during pregnancy. This pregnancy they are all just as massive and even more so, and loads of tiny new moles have come up. I usually have an average amount, not more than the average person. Anyway, does anyone know more about this, and what I can look up to see what is going on and why? Thank you!

AliceHurled Fri 12-Oct-12 14:41:34

I know it happens and I have new moles. But that is the extent of my knowledge

elvislives2012 Fri 12-Oct-12 14:42:16

No idea but I'm exactly the same!!!

TheAngelshavetheOod Fri 12-Oct-12 14:47:28

I had loads with dd2. Was told it was hormonal but continue to get it checked out of theyare odd as I had one that turned I to melanoma when I was pg.

HappyHugs Fri 12-Oct-12 21:52:18

Yep, happened to me with all 3. In fact it was the thing that alerted me to pregnancy with numbers 2 and 3. Perfectly normal don't worry. Congrats and enjoy your pregnancy.

chezziejo Fri 12-Oct-12 21:54:27

Yep me too. Got them checked and told they all look normal. I've got sling tags that appear too with ds and with this pregnancy.

rogersmellyonthetelly Sat 13-Oct-12 10:41:31

I've got the mother of all moles in my pubic hair at the front. It was tiny before I had kids but has grown with each pregnancy and now feels like a pea under my skin, loosely attached by a stalk. I'm going to the gp this week to get it checked and ask if they can take it off!

elvislives2012 Sat 13-Oct-12 10:56:22

Did all the moles/skin tags go once you'd popped?

ticklebug74 Sun 14-Oct-12 00:56:31

Please continue to monitor them and have them checked if they change colour if shape. Like TheAngelshavetheOod, I developed melanoma in pregnancy and it is not as uncommon as you think. Good luck, enjoy your pregnancy but keep an eye on them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now