Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Monocytes

(4 Posts)
keys27 Fri 12-Oct-12 11:19:38

Hi guys I was just wondering if anyone has experienced this in their pregnancy.

I'm currently 16 weeks pregnant and had all my bloods taken on my routine midwife appointment about 5 weeks ago now! All my blood was fine except my monocytes which was slightly high 0.9 the normal range is 0.0-0.8! I had a nasty vital infection at the time and I wouldnt have known this unless they got sent to me yesterday so my midwives were not worried.

Obviously reading up on this I've scared myself silly as you do with pregnancy hormones all over the place as well and would really appreciate it if anyone else has had similar experience or knows anything about this to give me some advice!

Thank you so much guys for taking the time to read this as I am one very worried mummy x x

Poledra Fri 12-Oct-12 11:27:22

Moncytes will rise in response to an infection - they're part of your immune system so you need more of them present to fight off an infection. They're not very high, only 0.1 above the normal range, so don't stress yourself about it (as that can also make your moncytes rise!). If you're worried, call your midwife and talk to her/him - that's what they're there for!

Congratulations on your pregnancy!

keys27 Fri 12-Oct-12 11:31:36

Thank you hun I've just worried myself silly about it all I have caled midwife but they are constantly on answering machine so left a voicemail hoping they will call me back! The notes have all been checked by the midwife as theve signed every page they have read and signed it off. I'm sure if it was anything serious there would have been more abnormatlities in my blood.

Thank u again x x

glossyflower Fri 12-Oct-12 19:47:07

Nothing to worry about, it just indicates your body is fighting an infection. Sometimes we get them and don't even realise we've got an infection as our bodies do such a great job :-)
All your other blood markers were ok so this is not that significant.
Good luck and take care xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now