Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Colostrum question

(7 Posts)
Numbthumbs Thu 11-Oct-12 20:55:23

Bit embarassing and possibly TMI so bear with me.

Im 25 weeks pg and leaking vast amounts of colostrum blush
It stains my tops and im not sure what i should be doing as I never had this with DD (15 months).

I get a feeling that i recognise as 'let down' from breast feeding and then it happens, a suprising amount and about 10 times a day. Should i be saving it? I reckon i could express some and maybe freeze it in syringes.....i do drink 2 cups of tea a day though and occasionally (once every few weeks) have a guinness. Is there any point?

Im secretly hoping it will mean my supply is good because i would love to BF succesfully this time round.

Thanks

Numbthumbs Thu 11-Oct-12 21:02:16

Maybe i should have put this in bottle/breastfeeding??

RightUpMyRue Thu 11-Oct-12 21:19:26

Expressing colostrum is not recommended until after 36 weeks. There is a very slim chance it can trigger early labour, so def not worth it.

If I were you I would just use breast pads.

RightUpMyRue Thu 11-Oct-12 21:20:32

BTW, 2 cups of tea a day and an occaisional guiness are no problem for breastfeeding smile

Numbthumbs Thu 11-Oct-12 21:32:57

Thanks for replying.

Hmmm.....I have noticed that it makes me cramp a bit and i have been bleeding the last few days - will go into hospital AGAIN tomorrow. (was admitted last weekend after a huge bleed and had steroids before being discharged with no obvious cause for bleed)

My mom had 2 cans of guiness on her docs advice every night when she was pg and bf me grin

RightUpMyRue Thu 11-Oct-12 21:37:36

Good idea going to hospital tomorrow, anything that worries you or you think is out of the ordinary is worth getting checked out. Hope it all turns out OK.

2 cans of guiness every night is def not a good idea though!

Numbthumbs Thu 11-Oct-12 21:42:26

Thanks, me too.

If i drank that much id be on the loo even more often than i am now! No, its very occasional and makes me feel very guilty so hardly worth it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now