Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

no movement yet

(8 Posts)
lolo99 Thu 11-Oct-12 20:52:42

Hi all

I am 22 weeks + 4 and still no movements that I can honestly say are kicks, turns etc. I have had some feelings like bubbles bursting but not much at all sad Is anyone else still waiting?

rogersmellyonthetelly Thu 11-Oct-12 21:26:22

Bubbles bursting are kicks! That's what they feel like at first, it's only later that they make your eyes water and your insides hurt. You may also notice pressure, that's baby turning round. It gets clearer later on, don't worry.

18wksplus Thu 11-Oct-12 23:04:57

Where's your placenta? Mine's anterior (front) so I'm hardly feeling anything at 20+3...

KeepTryin Thu 11-Oct-12 23:41:30

I'm the same with anterior placenta. 20+6 today and just starting to recognise small taps inside. But nothing that could be felt on the outside. I like the description of bursting bubbles! Getting more with each day that's gone by this week though. smile

scandy Fri 12-Oct-12 01:23:31

I was really late, I don't think I felt him properly until I was 24-25 weeks. It is unusual but I guess it happens. But talk to your midwife, they might give you an extra scan in a week or so just to monitor things (presumably he was moving ok at your 20 wk scan?)

JennerOSity Fri 12-Oct-12 04:17:19

I was about 24 weeks too before I could honestly say I had felt baby move. Little sensations that I wondered at before then, but definitely ages before I could say - yes that was baby. Don't worry it is completely normal. smile

lolo99 Fri 12-Oct-12 23:20:03

thanks everyone- lots of puffs and bubbles bursting this eve. I thought he may have had hiccups at one stage as the flickers were a few in a row. I am sure the big kicks and hits will come soon. Thanks for your support smile

FriendofDorothy Sat 13-Oct-12 21:28:02

I didn't really feel much movement until 25-26 weeks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now