Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

It's my C-section tomorrow morning!!!!......EEEEK??

(9 Posts)
Harryan Thu 11-Oct-12 19:41:00

Only person on the list...so as long as there's no emcs I will be in theatre by 8.45am apparantly!!!
Not quite sure how I fell right now, it all seems a bit surreal.
I'm unsure if I feel excited or nervous, just feel odd, knowing that by this time tomorrow evening it could all be over and I'll be holding a baby! confused

It's just going to be strange not going into labour like my other dc's...I'm hoping the odd feeling goes as soon as she is here!
Anyone else felt like this?

terilou87 Thu 11-Oct-12 19:45:37

no advice sorry but wanted to say congrats

ImNotCute Thu 11-Oct-12 19:49:41

I had dc2 by elcs and did feel very weird about it the night before- a mix of nerves and a Christmas eve kind of feeling about getting a wonderful present tomorrow!

It was strange walking in to the delivery unit not having contractions but about to have a baby. It all went great though, good luck.

OctaviaBrennan Thu 11-Oct-12 19:51:28

My elective sections were the highest moments of my entire life, just Fabulous experiences. Hope everything goes brilliantly for you.

Oldandcobwebby Thu 11-Oct-12 19:52:37

I can easily understand you being nervous, but at least you know what's coming! I bet your new baby will be awesome and absolutely, stunningly beautiful!

NewRowSees Thu 11-Oct-12 19:54:30

Oh that must feel wonderful - congratulations for baby day tomorrow!

elizaregina Thu 11-Oct-12 21:19:10

please come back and post - I am due mine in two weeks and am now soooo scared.

i am terrified of this recovery period after.

i also am struggling with the surrealness of it all, but expecting the actual birth to be peaceful and wonderful....I have knocked my shins a few times in the past few days and remebered what labour pain is a bit like!!! at least dont have that..

good luck x

mummy2benji Thu 11-Oct-12 21:28:33

How exciting! I would focus on how amazing it will feel tomorrow to be holding your baby in your arms and getting to know him or her smile It must feel quite surreal but I would enjoy the knowledge that you haven't got hours of labour ahead of you and the impatience of not knowing when baby will arrive. Recovery post-Caesarians is excellent and you shouldn't be too sore, you'll be up and about very quickly and I would enjoy a day or two of resting in a hospital bed - make the most of it! Hope all goes well smile x

Naisy Thu 11-Oct-12 21:46:20

Had mine 14 days ago and it was an fantastic experience - and it didn't hurt at all (was worried about the spinal, didn't need to be). Weird feeling night before and during, but all positive.

Have fun, try to relax (I was shaking like a leaf walking into theatre - unnecessarily) and take it easy on the days that follow. Concentrate on your baby and above all enjoy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now