Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Should i be worried?

(3 Posts)
laurajane89 Thu 11-Oct-12 14:29:46

My midwife took a water sample from me last week and its came back with E Coli in it, should i be worried?

mummy2benji Thu 11-Oct-12 14:44:43

E coli is the commonest type of water infection - we all have E coli present in the bowel and sometimes it can make its way up into the bladder and cause a water infection. They are very common and even more so in pregnancy so don't worry, it just means that you should have a short course of antibiotics to clear it up - if they haven't given you this, you should contact your midwife or GP or whoever let you know the result. It won't harm baby at all so long as you do take the antibiotics and don't leave the infection untreated.

CharleeWarlee Thu 11-Oct-12 19:39:06

No dont be worried. I had a water infection at my booking appointment which had E Coli present. A course of antibiotics got rid of it in 3 days

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now