Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Achy legs at 34 weeks

(5 Posts)
osterleymama Thu 11-Oct-12 11:09:30

Woke up with sore and aching legs for the first time this pregnancy. Does anyone have any tips to ease them? Exercises n stuff?

Wheresmypopcorn Fri 12-Oct-12 03:14:44

I remember my feet slightly swollen and sore and I was so desperate I did the following. Fill plastic basin with ice and Ivey water, plunge feet in. Felt like heaven to me and it was in January! I think for sore legs you are meant to elevate them? also get a little bell for when you want somethingsmile

BigW Fri 12-Oct-12 10:31:33

If it is your calves that hurt it might be because you are getting cramp during the night – I get this quite a lot at the moment. Sounds weird, but drink lots of water really helps.

Wheresmypopcorn Fri 12-Oct-12 17:19:09

Sorry, that's meant to be icy water

osterleymama Fri 12-Oct-12 19:49:05

Thank you! I'll try drinking more, I'm often thirsty so probably am a bit dehydrated and the icy foot bath sounds like heaven to me so will try that tonight once toddler is finally asleep.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now