Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

severe abdominal pain and blues

(5 Posts)
rainand Thu 11-Oct-12 10:02:48

Hi,

For the past week and half I've been getting severe unbearable at times abdominal pain. At one point I even went to A&E and was put on morphine. The conclusion was that the pregancy was fine (7-8 weeks in) but there was something wrong with my digestive system which was causing the severe pain. I was asked to go to my GP who put me on lactulose as well as gave gaviscon, and wasn't keen to refer to me to the hospital. I'm still in so much pain and will be going back to the GP today.

I was was wondering if anyone else has been through a similar thing? I've been forced to take some time off work and it's just making me feel down. I can't do any of the extra curricular activities that I used to normally do, and feel like my life is upside down, and then feel guilty for feeling like that. It's almost like I can't seem to get myself excited about the pregnancy as I'm in so much pain and it has completely taken over my life!

Any help/words of reassurance would be much appreciated! smile

terilou87 Thu 11-Oct-12 19:50:57

aww hun not going through the same but didnt want your post to go un ansered dont feel down about taking time off if your ill your ill and you need to recover properly for your baby. get well soon smile x

rainand Thu 11-Oct-12 23:07:29

terilou87, aww thank you :-)

Problem is GP seems to think I'm faking it :-(

18wksplus Fri 12-Oct-12 01:49:10

Go back until you are taken seriously.

It could well be nothing to do with pregnancy and still be there when you give birth and are looking after a newborn, so the sooner it gets sorted, the better. Maybe don't even mention the pregnancy and see what they suggest?

Pregnancy can often mask other conditions, so it's worth hassling GPs....

cupcake78 Fri 12-Oct-12 02:16:44

When I took lactulose and was pregnant I got really bad pains. Wondering if its just prolonging or aggravating the problem. Go back to your gp, what they've given you isn't working.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now