loader

Talk

Advanced search

It's my due date :-(

(14 Posts)
OneOfMyTurnsComingOn Thu 11-Oct-12 09:13:24

Fed up.

Got SPD, so can't get out much.

DD1 was a week late by ELCS, DD2 was 2 weeks late and induced.

This one's destined to be late too, isn't it? My body is showing no signs, except being 4/5 engaged a fortnight ago.

chubbychipmonk Thu 11-Oct-12 09:29:52

Feel your pain! Are your other 2 at school / nursery? Why not enjoy last few moments peace and quiet, DVD on, snuggle on couch with a blanket & enjoy last few moments of time to yourself.
If you really want to get things going tho what about getting kids wrapped up & going for a walk, or doing housework. . I scrubbed my house from top to bottom after being in town Xmas shopping the entire day before & my waters burst at 4pm just as I eventually went to sit down with a cup of tea! Won't be long!!

OneOfMyTurnsComingOn Thu 11-Oct-12 09:33:15

Thank you.

DD1 is at school. DD2 is almost 2, so at home with me. She's an angel, so I'm lucky, as I can lie on sofa when I'm in pain and she'll entertain herself and keep coming for cuddles.

Can't do much housework at a time due to the SPD pain, or walk for more than 5 mins. Do doing lots of vegging, and getting frustrated by it.

chubbychipmonk Thu 11-Oct-12 09:41:26

Awww I can only imagine how fed up you must feel. . . But genuinely in a few weeks when your running about after baby & 2 kids you'll be looking back longingly at the time you spent vegging on the couch!!
Are birthing balls not good for getting things going? Could you sit on one of them a couple of times a day?
Get hubby to go to DVD shop & newsagents for you tonight . . A selection of cheesy girlie films & a stack of magazines & supply of chocolate is required! smile

OneOfMyTurnsComingOn Thu 11-Oct-12 10:17:45

True, at least I might be able to run though!

DP is great. He brought me a big bowl of ice cream last night while we watched a film. So not all bad smile

sammyleh Thu 11-Oct-12 10:22:24

Sending you lots of willing labour wishes. I've gotten into trawling ebay for bargains, Going to make some xmas decorations (slowly) so stocking up on felt and little crafty bits to keep me entertained. Why not have a look online at nice post-pg bits and treat yourself to something lovely? smile

OneOfMyTurnsComingOn Thu 11-Oct-12 10:51:43

Thank you. Good idea, am rather skint though, so may have to be window shopping!

Goldrill Thu 11-Oct-12 12:30:35

Mine too! DD was two weeks late though so am also not holding my breath. For the last few weeks I have been thinking "DD2 will be here within the next x days" all the way up to 42 weeks, so have lowered my expectations - today it is DD2 will be here within the next 14 days.

No SPD here so life a lot easier though - I'm knackered and have very sore bump but I guess everyone can say that at 40 weeks! Hope you pop shortly!

OneOfMyTurnsComingOn Thu 11-Oct-12 15:37:00

Aw, you too!

Bump feels very tight today but may be just that I've been up and down stairs a bit more than I'm used to.

Fingers crossed for you.

goodbyekitty123 Thu 11-Oct-12 17:05:50

When I was nearing my due date with my first my mum who is a reflexologist did this move on my ankle and on my shoulder- I had my son exactly on his due date. You could also try getting a bikini wax as I hear the pain sometimes stimulates contractions- I've heard many stories of women who have had their waters break on the beauty couch. (You might want to try the first idea first though)
Good luck.

OneOfMyTurnsComingOn Fri 12-Oct-12 17:27:49

I tried doing reflexology on myself, but I'm either doing it wrong, or it's not working for me.

Grrr... wish these Braxton Hicks would turn into the real thing.

OneOfMyTurnsComingOn Mon 15-Oct-12 11:02:00

Still nothing. In a right ratty mood today.

Goldrill Mon 15-Oct-12 11:28:40

Me too. Errr - race you?

Last one started at 9pm on the dot on a monday, just after Only Connect. I am going to make the same tea and keep my fingers crossed.

OneOfMyTurnsComingOn Mon 15-Oct-12 11:36:25

You're 4 days over too? Commiserations sad

What tea?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now