Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

massively sore breasts (Reynaulds?)

(11 Posts)
bogwoppitinatree Wed 10-Oct-12 18:20:55

Hi, I have just found out I am pregnant. I am not sure exactly how much as I had a miscarriage in August and got pregnant (unintentionally) before I had a period. It can't be more than 7 weeks though.
Anyway, due to this, I don't want to get too excited - I read tons and sleuthed the internet lots last time and I don't want to jinx it - I really want things to work out this time. I'm keeping quiet until I get in for my early scan in a couple of weeks. However, I have had two instances of horrendously painful breasts when I have got a little chilly. Today I got back from work and fell asleep immediately on the sofa only to be woken by this. They have only just eased after about an hour and the pain was really intense. Does anyone have any suggestions of products or warmers I could use? They seem to sell warming pads in America and other countries but I can't find any here. I have just qualified as a teacher and am a bit worried this will happen in one of my classes, so would like to work on preventing it. Any suggestions appreciated!
Thanks loads
smile

freya86 Wed 10-Oct-12 19:06:18

I'm a teacher as well, in a secondary school so I understand your anxiety. I am 22+3 and my boobs have hurt a lot throughout. I found wearing a proper fitting bra and making sure I'm warm has helped.
Sorry if this isn't much use!
And congratulations by the way grin

ivanapoo Wed 10-Oct-12 19:10:18

I had this too, triggered by spending too long in the supermarket freezer aisle! Had to run to the loo and stick my hands down my top.

Another vote for comfy, well fitting bra that does not rub and trying To make sure you've always got warm enough clothes on or handy.

I have see Lansinoh make pads that can be heated or cooled for mastitis etc, so you might have luck searching for them but not the kind of thing you'd wear all day.

Maybe invest in a few thermal vests?

bogwoppitinatree Wed 10-Oct-12 19:50:52

Thanks loads for this you too - I think that is the key, layers and decent bras. I'm normally good with the cold and prefer to wrap up warm rather than turn the heating on. Think I need to be really on top of it though. I will look at getting a new bra or two.
Congratulations to you as well freya - could I ask, how long did you work before you went on leave? I teach partly outdoors so it's quite active as well as classroom sessions. Also (again this is probably really stupid) but what is the +3 or + anything which people add on to their weeks?

bogwoppitinatree Wed 10-Oct-12 19:51:37

I mean two smile

BlingLoving Wed 10-Oct-12 19:53:51

I had this a few times. Definitely the key us not to let them get cold because recovery is slow. I was obsessed with wearing tight vests and cardis so I could snuggle them discreetly. Dh also was always willing to provide a warming hand...grin

LittleBearPad Wed 10-Oct-12 19:58:47

Hi. The +3 thing is the number of days. Congratulations.

freya86 Wed 10-Oct-12 20:04:42

I'm still at work and will be up to 8months I reckon. I work 6 days a week in a private boarding school and it is EXHAUSTING! X

RunningKatie Wed 10-Oct-12 20:49:09

I had this once I'd had DD, lots of layers are required, I always had a pashmina-type scarf to drape over myself too. Thankfully it did eventually wear off but it was so painful. Hoping I don't get it this time around as I'm currently 37+6!

kellestar Wed 10-Oct-12 21:59:27

I have a small microwaveable heat pad, Not a wheat bag though. Heats up easily and stays warm for ages. A good size for boobs. Had a small one and DH bought twi big ones and they've been brill on cold nights. Chilly bum or boobs have been restored well.

M&S thermal vests have a cotton soft downy inside and was great on my achey chest. I also wore alot of high neck tops to cover the decolletage as that gets them chilled too.

My boobs ache after a day in a bra, so have a gentle but supportive ahh bra/crop top contraption to slop about in private. I have big boobs so need a little bit of something to keep them from peeking out the bottom of my top grin.

kellestar Thu 11-Oct-12 11:41:47

hotties that's the one. Though the small one does seem to be for cats/dogs smile still warmed my boobs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now