Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

After effects of a sweep - help please

(16 Posts)
HowDoIGetHimOut Wed 10-Oct-12 18:14:22

Hiya,

Second post today but I am being induced tomorrow and desperate to go into labour before.

I had a sweep about 4 hours ago - 1cm dilated but head high. Just had a very loose bowel movement (sorry if tmi!) and had a mucasey looking bit of stuff in my pants, not bloody (sorry if timi AGAIN!!). Also have shooting pains in my lady bits when I walk. Is this normal after a sweep...do you think labour is on its way or am I nowhere near?

Thanks!!!

cantmakecarrotcake Wed 10-Oct-12 18:19:45

Sounds like a show to me so that could be a good sign. Fingers crossed for you!

HowDoIGetHimOut Wed 10-Oct-12 18:30:57

Ooo I hope you're right. I would love for it to happen naturally but know I am cutting it fine now.

lollypopsicle Wed 10-Oct-12 19:05:05

I had a sweep at 1cm but head not engaged. He was born by the next morning. All sounds promising to me. Good luck smile

AnyaKnowIt Wed 10-Oct-12 19:08:49

Ooh it sounds good!

I had a sweep, 12 hours later I had given birth

fingers crossed

HowDoIGetHimOut Wed 10-Oct-12 19:25:50

Oh wow...I like these stories...first babies??

LimeLeafLizard Wed 10-Oct-12 19:30:28

Sounds like you might have lost some of the mucus plug. It is a really good sign, doesn't guarentee labour of course but very positive... fingers crossed for you.

Oh and yes I had shooting pains after a sweep too - it was fine.

OneOfMyTurnsComingOn Wed 10-Oct-12 19:31:21

When was your due date, OP?

LimeLeafLizard Wed 10-Oct-12 19:32:14

Sweep with first baby didn't do anything and I was induced a week later.
Sweep with third baby worked!

LimeLeafLizard Wed 10-Oct-12 19:34:20

oh, and I realise it might be the last thing you feel like, but I really believe that if the baby is on its way, sex helps to speed things up a bit. For me it was a case of 'desperate times call for desperate measures' (apologies to DH) but worth it to get the baby out.

lollypopsicle Wed 10-Oct-12 19:42:57

It was my first.

HowDoIGetHimOut Wed 10-Oct-12 20:06:13

Thanks fof all the advice. I have lower back pain now too, worried its all in my head though. My due date was 30th sept xxx

HowDoIGetHimOut Wed 10-Oct-12 20:16:51

Thanks fof all the advice. I have lower back pain now too, worried its all in my head though. My due date was 30th sept xxx

whatsoever Wed 10-Oct-12 21:09:36

I had the shooting va-jay-jay pains thing after my sweep on Monday. Nothing else happened though sadly sad

OneOfMyTurnsComingOn Wed 10-Oct-12 21:11:30

Oo, sounds promising then! Good luck!

mummy2benji Wed 10-Oct-12 21:30:14

My first sign of labour with ds was diarrhoea (sorry TMI!) - I had some cramps, loose bowel motion, then shortly after that my waters broke and I started with full-on contractions 3 minutes apart. Diarrhoea can often be a sign that labour is near as it is your body's way of clearing everything out of your bowel before the labour starts. Good luck and keep us posted! x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: