Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

After effects of a sweep - help please

(16 Posts)
HowDoIGetHimOut Wed 10-Oct-12 18:14:22

Hiya,

Second post today but I am being induced tomorrow and desperate to go into labour before.

I had a sweep about 4 hours ago - 1cm dilated but head high. Just had a very loose bowel movement (sorry if tmi!) and had a mucasey looking bit of stuff in my pants, not bloody (sorry if timi AGAIN!!). Also have shooting pains in my lady bits when I walk. Is this normal after a sweep...do you think labour is on its way or am I nowhere near?

Thanks!!!

cantmakecarrotcake Wed 10-Oct-12 18:19:45

Sounds like a show to me so that could be a good sign. Fingers crossed for you!

HowDoIGetHimOut Wed 10-Oct-12 18:30:57

Ooo I hope you're right. I would love for it to happen naturally but know I am cutting it fine now.

lollypopsicle Wed 10-Oct-12 19:05:05

I had a sweep at 1cm but head not engaged. He was born by the next morning. All sounds promising to me. Good luck smile

AnyaKnowIt Wed 10-Oct-12 19:08:49

Ooh it sounds good!

I had a sweep, 12 hours later I had given birth

fingers crossed

HowDoIGetHimOut Wed 10-Oct-12 19:25:50

Oh wow...I like these stories...first babies??

LimeLeafLizard Wed 10-Oct-12 19:30:28

Sounds like you might have lost some of the mucus plug. It is a really good sign, doesn't guarentee labour of course but very positive... fingers crossed for you.

Oh and yes I had shooting pains after a sweep too - it was fine.

OneOfMyTurnsComingOn Wed 10-Oct-12 19:31:21

When was your due date, OP?

LimeLeafLizard Wed 10-Oct-12 19:32:14

Sweep with first baby didn't do anything and I was induced a week later.
Sweep with third baby worked!

LimeLeafLizard Wed 10-Oct-12 19:34:20

oh, and I realise it might be the last thing you feel like, but I really believe that if the baby is on its way, sex helps to speed things up a bit. For me it was a case of 'desperate times call for desperate measures' (apologies to DH) but worth it to get the baby out.

lollypopsicle Wed 10-Oct-12 19:42:57

It was my first.

HowDoIGetHimOut Wed 10-Oct-12 20:06:13

Thanks fof all the advice. I have lower back pain now too, worried its all in my head though. My due date was 30th sept xxx

HowDoIGetHimOut Wed 10-Oct-12 20:16:51

Thanks fof all the advice. I have lower back pain now too, worried its all in my head though. My due date was 30th sept xxx

whatsoever Wed 10-Oct-12 21:09:36

I had the shooting va-jay-jay pains thing after my sweep on Monday. Nothing else happened though sadly sad

OneOfMyTurnsComingOn Wed 10-Oct-12 21:11:30

Oo, sounds promising then! Good luck!

mummy2benji Wed 10-Oct-12 21:30:14

My first sign of labour with ds was diarrhoea (sorry TMI!) - I had some cramps, loose bowel motion, then shortly after that my waters broke and I started with full-on contractions 3 minutes apart. Diarrhoea can often be a sign that labour is near as it is your body's way of clearing everything out of your bowel before the labour starts. Good luck and keep us posted! x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now